THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    How do you pronounce "ghoti"?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you pronounce "ghoti"?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted
Any guesses?

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna guess either goatee or goatie.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now, if you start with "gh" as in "tough"...

Wink

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aim for the exit hole

Wasbee, this could be taken out of context...

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Phil,now that reminds me of a joke.American business man goes to Japan,1st night there he picks up a hooker + takes her to bed;rolls her on her stomach + proceeds to do the drill while she with anguished screams keeps saying "Taichido,Taichido." Boo Hoo,etc. Well he is thinking himself quite the manly man,surely she meant magnificent performance. Next day he meets his Japanese business member on the golf links + the Jap does a hole in one. The American feels he should give praise in the others language so he say's "Taishido,Taishido!" The jap looks at him and says "What do you mean,wrong hole?"

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Norman Conquest: I heard she was on her back. And the next day, when he was with his Japanese friend, the friend said, "What you mean, One hole higher?"

Now to add to start of this item:
"ti" as in "tion" on the end of many words.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Fish. It's been spelled that way for over 150 years.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Great! But (I ask VERY facetiously...note the "ti" in that last word) how do you get the "I" out of "O"? This for those that never heard this themantics before?

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prof, the "o" is pronounced as it is in the word "women"...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fish

Posts: 69 | Location: Fouke, Ark. | Registered: 06 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Yeah Doubless, I should have been clearer in my message that I was hoping someone else (as you did) would guess it.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you guys are way past me on this one...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is actually pretty cool.
GH as pronounced in tough
O as pronounced in women
TI as pronounced in station
GHOTI = FISH

Posts: 273 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
you guys are way past me on this one...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoti

Posts: 4884 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
And a big hat tip to those who said "fish" and especially for the phonetic description!!!!

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
let's just follow my Jag out to the Oregon Coast and catch a few. A nice 50+ pound Ling Cod on the grill with some dark beer and a Cuban brought back from a run up past the Canadian border should take care of about ten of us...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote