Find
Notify
Tools

Bank Loan
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
A cowboy from Bandera, Texas walked into a bank in New York City and asked for the loan officer. He told the loan officer that he was going to Paris for an international cowboy festival for two weeks and needed to borrow $5,000 and that he was not a depositor of the bank. The bank officer told him that the bank would need some form of security for the loan, so the cowboy handed over the keys to a new Ferrari parked in front of the bank.

The cowboy produced the title and everything checked out. The loan officer agreed to hold the car as collateral for the loan and apologized for having to charge 12% interest. Later, the bank's president and its officers all enjoyed a good laugh at the cowboy from the south for using a $250,000 Ferrari as collateral for a $5,000 loan. An employee of the bank then drove the Ferrari into the bank's private underground garage and parked it.

Two weeks later, the cowboy returned repaid the $5,000 and the interest of $23.07. The loan officer said, "Sir, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out on Dunn & Bradstreet and found that you are a Distinguished Alumni from Texas A&M, a highly sophisticated investor and Multi-Millionaire with real estate and financial interests all over the world. Your investments include a large number of wind turbines around Bandera, Texas. What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow $5,000?" The good 'ole Texas cowboy replied, "Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks for only $23.07 and expect it to be there when I return?"

Nice day ya'll.....

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
Smart guy! Similiar things like this happen!!!

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Once, when I was leaving the Columbia, SC airport for a hunting trip to Wyoming, I realized that I didn't have a lock for my gun case. I got my friend to wait with the bags at the ticket counter and drove quickly to the local convenience store and got a lock.

Only after the week long hunt did I remember that I had just jumped out of my truck in the loading zone, run inside, locked up the case and went ahead and boarded, leaving the pick up by the curb. Dumb!

When I got back to Columbia, I inquired as to the whereabouts of my truck. It was in a covered lot and I had to pay a fine of $20... that's all.. no parking fee. My friends parking bill was twice that and he had parked in an open lot. Needless to say, it was raining cats and dogs when we returned. I saved $20 and didn't get wet. My buddy was pissed.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
HAHA!! That's a great story JudgeG.....isn't that crazy!!?? I believe you found a loophole.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote