Find
Notify
Tools

Getting older !!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of loucfir
posted
Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. Well, for example, the other day I went downtown and went into a shop. I was only in there for about 5 minutes and when I came out there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. I went up to him and said, "Come on, man, how about giving a retired person a break"? He completely ignored me and continued writing the ticket so, in a very calm voice I said "what a jerk". He glared at me for a second or two, then started writing another ticket for having worn tires. So I called him a "doughnut eating flat-foot." He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on and on for about 20 minutes. The more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote. Personally, I didn't care. I came downtown on the bus and the car that he was putting the tickets on had a bumper sticker that said "Hillary in '08." I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired. It's important to my health.

Posts: 309 | Location: The Great Northwest | Registered: 25 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys lost the election GET OVER IT!

Terrible "joke" BTW. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great joke BTW

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by small fish:

Well, I hope she & Teddy don't end up taking YOUR guns. I hear cold raw crow doesn't taste too good.

BTW I liked the joke.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I liked the joke. It was rather scary though, the thought of Hillary in 08' scared the crap out of me.

Aaron

Posts: 174 | Location: Utah | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Small fish, you've got the right handle.
Your posts should be thrown back.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tnekkcc:
Small fish, you've got the right handle.
Your posts should be thrown back.

You may be right, REPUGNANTS are ignorant by nature and hate to hear the TRUTH. Throw them back by putting them on iggy. That will solve your problems you ignoramus pissers .

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
quote:
Originally posted by small fish:

Well, I hope she & Teddy don't end up taking YOUR guns. I hear cold raw crow doesn't taste too good.

BTW I liked the joke.

I would guess that you are eating CROW right now. Cold and raw or not YOU are eating it,not me. I know,I know,the election was somehow flawed (as YOU see it). Get over it neocon REPUGNANT.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, I am not eating crow right now, as I am a conservative Democrat from the "Old South" school of Democrats. I have no truck with either the current left-wing Dems, or the extreme right-wing splinter of the GOP.

Your ability to assume may have led you to believe otherwise, but if so, not accurately. One has to recall what the word assume does to us all...

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good Joke.

looks like SmallFish is sticking his head out of his dark, sheltered, closet life and barking at the real world. CRYBABY

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a dyed in the wqool democrat and even still the thought of Hillary as President scares me a little.

All politics aside that was a pretty good joke.

7mm. guy

shoot straight or shoot often.

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
This is just me, but I really don't understand how one can be a hunter and a democrat at the same time. It just isn't logical.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, it is pretty easy to be both a Democrat and a hunter. I don't want to turn this into the political forum, so will keep this short.

First off, you do NOT have to be a "liberal" in the modern sense to be a Democrat.

The Democratic party was the original party in the U.S. which fought for and championed "states' rights" against federal government rights. That's what the Civil War (we call it the war between the states where I come from) was really all about, no matter what Lincoln said. The Southern states, all Democrats, fought for state's rights, while the northern states, many Republican, fought for a strong federal government system.

Second, you have to understand the two party system. Power always shifts eventually from one party to the other. To keep both parties from stomping on human individual rights and the Constitution, you have to do your fighting from inside BOTH parties, to keep the radical leftists from controlling either party. I choose to fight for conservative values from inside the Democratic party, and I sure could use some help from you guys who waste your votes supporting Republicans who are actually RINOs. (Many of those RINOs are actually VERY stong advocates of an omnipotent Federal government which even now is stomping all over individual rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution, under the guise of homeland security. (And that's exactly the same excuse Hitler used too....)

I was alive when Hitler was in power in Germany and his laws (passed by the Bundestag at his direction) very closely duplicate the ones our Congress has passed in the last 5 years, or vice-versa.

Enough, As I said, no desire to make this the political forum.

Anyway, if one goes back to the English philosopher Edmund Burke who really first defined the term, one finds that the original definition of a "Liberal" is one who "liberally allows every man to do exactly as each chooses, so long as his actions harm no others....in other words every man's rights are totally his own, just like his fists, to use as he wishes so long as they stop just short of the next man's nose....so I guess in that OLD sense of the word, I AM a liberal.

Have a nice day, and keep up the fight for individual rights, regardless of the party in which you choose to act.

posted Hide Post
If there is anything more unsettling than hellary it is a liberal pinhead with a gun.

Posts: 14 | Location: tx. | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Small Fish. Why don't you go home now and tell your mother she's calling you. moon
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any joke that pisses off small fish is a good one thumb

Actually it's obvious the hero of our story is a lefty because he's riding the bus (republicans don't do that do they?) and has a problem with authority figures. He's probably one of those lefties mad at Hillary for voting for the war stir

Posts: 2393 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote