New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoplophobia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 1400 | Location: Southeast San Antonio, TX | Registered: 05 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Too damned true! rotflmo

When I was a kid, we used to play a game we simply called "GUNS!" As in, "Let's play GUNS!"

We used anything that looked remotely like a firearm and "killed" each other and then argued for 15 minutes about who was "dead" and who lived on to "kill" again!

It's called being a normal, healthy boy.

If today's rules applied then, I would have been expelled after the first recess in kindergarten!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13654 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Too true!!

When I was in kindergarten, On my second day, at recess we were playing "guns. One of the kids claimed his dad had an "automatic" just like the soldiers' guns. He meant the just adopted but not yet issued Garand. I told him it wasn't an automatic, but a semi-automatic or "self-loader".

We argued a bit and he got angry and hit me. So I knocked him on his butt. He started to cry and a teacher came over and asked what was going on. We told her. I explained the difference between the two kinds of systems to her. She then told me I was dead wrong,and told me to apologize to the kid because I didn't know what I was talking about. I refused and she paddled me right there in the shoolyard in front of all the other kids.

That's when I first learned life isn't fair, and that most female schoolteachers don't know Sh!t about men's tools....and that being right doesn't matter when dealing with bigger, more ignorant people.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Funny!

Third grade, we are having a "Western" theme play and my teacher says to me, "Wendell, you have guns right? Can you bring some to the play tonight to use as props?"

That wasn't really all that long ago either.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
+1 tu2

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Funny!

Third grade, we are having a "Western" theme play and my teacher says to me, "Wendell, you have guns right? Can you bring some to the play tonight to use as props?"

That wasn't really all that long ago either.

Wendell, 30 years ago I loaned a Smith & Wesson Model 27 and a Colt Python to the theater guild at the local high school for use in their performance of "Death Trap."

Everyone would go to jail for that in today's sad and sorry world. What a shame.

BTW, no one was actually harmed in the making of that play, but the props were awesome! Big Grin Cool

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13654 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I used to take my single shot 410 shotgun to school.

I used to leave it behind teh classroom door, until we are finished.

I did this so I could shoot birds on the way back home.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote