Find
Notify
Tools

New Business Idea
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I figure that with the election of Donald Trump, there will be quite a few people on the left rethinking their views on the Second Amendment and gun control. I therefore propose to open a gun store that caters specifically to those folks, and I figure the Boulder/Denver area is the perfect location. My plan is to have a coffee bar inside, and offer free wireless and places to sit, read, and have a chat with friends over a beverage. The male clerks will dress in flannel shirts, corduroy pants, unscuffed logger’s boots, wear silly fedoras, and have topiaried (if that is a word) beards. The female clerks will wear long hemp-fiber dresses, gauzy blouses over tasteful camisoles, Birkenstocks, and will have more tattoos than the Illustrated Man (it’s a Ray Bradbury reference, go look it up). All of our bullets will be lead-free, gluten-free, and vegan, as will all of the firearms and accessories sold. Instead of compact, standard, and high-capacity magazines, we will take a note from Starbucks and offer large, venti, and grande. All of the firearms will be fair-trade and will come from factories where workers receive a living wage; I am thinking manufacturers like Colt, Ruger, Smith and Wesson, Remington, Winchester, Beretta, and Sig-Sauer to name a few. We will also offer the buyer some color choices so they can accessorize (oops, gunshops catering to buyers to the right already do that). For the discriminating buyer who wants something a bit more unique, we will also offer artisanally-crafted firearms. I am looking for investors and am thinking of starting a Go Fund Me account for this. What do you think?

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3845 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I already seen one like this when I was in Denver last year.
maybe that was another type of shop I was in kind of a hurry to get to the Rockies game.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Hell,why not. When you go into starbucks + pay $5.00 for a cup of coffee when you could just go across the street + get one for .50 cents I suppose anything is possible.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No such animal as "more unique". Unique is unique.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote