New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kids named Terry
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A WOMAN WALKS INTO THE DOWNTOWN WELFARE OFFICE, TRAILED BY 15 KIDS. 'WOW,' THE SOCIAL WORKER EXCLAIMS, 'ARE THEY ALL YOURS?'

'YEP, THEY'S ALL MINE,' THE FLUSTERED MOMMA SIGHS, HAVING HEARD THAT QUESTION A THOUSAND TIMES BEFORE.

SHE SAYS, 'SIT DOWN TERRY.' ALL THE CHILDREN RUSH TO FIND SEATS.

'WELL,' SAYS THE SOCIAL WORKER, 'THEN YOU MUST BE HERE TO SIGN UP. I'LL NEED ALL YOUR CHILDREN'S NAMES.'

''WELL, TO KEEP IT SIMPLE, THE BOYS IS ALL NAMED TERRY AND THE GIRLS IS ALL NAMED TERRI."

IN DISBELIEF, THE CASE WORKER SAYS, 'ARE YOU SERIOUS? THEY'RE ALL NAMED TERRY?'

THEIR MOMMA REPLIED, 'WELL, YES - IT MAKES IT EASIER. WHEN IT BE TIME TO GET THEM OUT OF BED AND READY FOR SCHOOL , I YELL, TERRY! AN' WHEN IT BE TIME FOR DINNER, I JUST YELL TERRY! AND THEY ALL COMES A-RUNNIN'. AND IF I NEEDS TO STOP THE KID WHO'S RUNNIN' INTO THE STREET, I JUST YELLS TERRY AND ALL OF THEM STOP. IT'S THE SMARTEST IDEA I EVER HAD, NAMING THEM ALL TERRY.'

THE SOCIAL WORKER THINKS THIS OVER FOR A BIT, THEN WRINKLES HER FOREHEAD AND SAYS TENTATIVELY, 'BUT WHAT IF YOU JUST WANT ONE KID TO COME, AND NOT THE WHOLE BUNCH?'

'THEN I CALLS THEM BY THEIR LAST NAMES.'

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I KIND OF LIKE THE "ALL CAPS" CUZ I CAN READ THEM EASIER.....BUT DON'T GET THE IDEA I'M GETTING OLD!

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1189 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is an urban legend based on truth.

All four of boxer George Foreman's sons are named George as well.

The punchline is, "what if you want a particular one?"

He told this on camera in an interview.

Then I calls them by they last name.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
dancing

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It happens. When I worked at the airport, I was told about such cases. For example, in the passport of one Afghan were registered two sons, and both the name Ahmad. While the Afghan had same name - Ahmad, and they hadn't family name and the last name.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
20+ years ago, I took the deposition of a woman who was a plaintiff in a personal injury case. The plaintiff's lawyer had to get a special chair for this woman. She weighed well in exes of 300 lbs. She had 13 children. (She had a sore back as I recall -- go figure).

Not only could she not remember the fathers, she couldn't remember the names of all of her chillen" The one that was relevant in our case had a street name of "Six Pack" and his mother could not remember his given name.

I didn't even bother to ask the identity of the father.

Posts: 10025 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote