Find
Notify
Tools

Naval Officers
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted
A young Naval Officer was in a terrible car accident, but due to the heroics of the hospital staff the only permanent injury was the loss of one ear.

Since he wasn't physically impaired he remained in the military and eventually became an Admiral. However, during his career he was always sensitive about his appearance.

One day the Admiral was interviewing two Navy Master Chiefs and a Marine Sergeant Major for his personal staff.

The first Master Chief was a Surface Navy type and it was a great interview. At the end of the interview the Admiral asked him, "Do you notice anything different about me?"

The Master Chief answered, "Why yes sir.. I couldn't help but notice you are missing your starboard ear, so I don't know whether this impacts your hearing on that side."

The Admiral got very angry at this lack of tact and threw him out of his office.

The next candidate, an Aviation Master Chief, when asked this same question, answered, "Well yes sir, you seem to be short one ear."

The Admiral threw him out also.

The third interview was with the Marine Sergeant Major. He was articulate, extremely sharp, and seemed to know more than the two Master Chiefs put together. At the end of the interview, the Admiral again asked, “Do you notice anything different about me?”

To his surprise, the Sergeant Major replied, "Yes, sir. You wear contact lenses."

Impressed with the Marine’s tact, the Admiral responded, "And how do you know that?"

"Well, sir,” the Sergeant Major replied, “it's pretty hard to wear glasses with only one fuckin' ear."

Posts: 3912 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
Leave it to the Marines to figure it out!

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote