Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to keep pace.......
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted
Thinking outside the Facebook box................

Since summer is coming and I have more time on my hands, I am trying to make friends outside of FACEBOOK, while applying the same principles.

Every day now, I walk down the street and tell the passersby what I have eaten, how I feel , what I have done the night before, and what I will do after.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, and of me gardening and spending time in my pool. I also listen to their conversations and I tell them I love them, and it’s working - I already have 3 people following me: 2 police officers and a psychiatrist!

Posts: 1077 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nvmichael:

Since summer is coming and I have more time on my hands, I am trying to make friends outside of FACEBOOK, while applying the same principles.

Every day now, I walk down the street and tell the passersby what I have eaten, how I feel , what I have done the night before, and what I will do after.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, and of me gardening and spending time in my pool. I also listen to their conversations and I tell them I love them, and it’s working - I already have 3 people following me: 2 police officers and a psychiatrist!

Dead right!

I honestly cannot understand the FB mentality!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67325 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

the answer is very simple: a significant percentage of the population accomplishes nothing of any worth during their lifetimes.

Facebook lets those losers adore each other for nothing...

My one saving grace is that I am NOT on facebook, nor is my lovely wife.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Funny post NVMichael! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's kinda like some of the daytime drama talk shows.
I ask the woman that works at the dry cleaners I use why she keeps the tv on these stupid shows.
She said it made her feel like her life wasn't so bad, since she didn't have the problems the idiots (my word) have.
I think it's sad that these people have such boring lives that all they have to do is talk about themselves.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it goes back to the "herd" mentality. If you can become one of many, you don't stand out, you can't be singled out as different, your faults won't be discovered, your weaknesses won't be exposed. Even better, your weaknesses aren't weaknesses anymore.

Facebook gives that opportunity to everyone. Fcebook reached critical mass. They won. Imagine if there were just fifty people on Facebook. They would get laughed off the planet. Instead, since there are only about fifty of us not on Facebook, we get laughed off the planet for being "strange".

Facebook gives everyone a forum to say "look at me", "listen to me". (Hmmmm, sounds a little bit like AR.)

I "Friend" no one.

My least favorite sites are the ones that come back to you and say, "I'm still waiting. You haven't Friended me yet". My standard answer is, "F You".

Posts: 13805 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
I thought AR was a facebook based forum...cant say there is no drama here, Lol and I can unfriend anyone I like. Ar...my gun facebook! Wink

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another one of the fifty!!!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought I'd try FB out a number of years ago-my children had accounts and I figured maybe it would facilitate our family conversation as they all we off to college etc. I read the terms of service agreement and it took me about 3 seconds to determine it was a data mining, privacy intruding sap sucking vomit pool for idiots.

I proceeded to call each of my children and tell them to never ever put anything about me or their mother on any face book pages- no photos, no chatter no nothing- my eldest asked why and I explained that my privacy was more important than her access thereto- they all have complied-my youngest spies on them for me (she lives nearby and we have a great relationship w/ her and her girls)

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
it was a data mining, privacy intruding sap sucking vomit pool for idiots.

Seems to sum up it's usage pretty well!!!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Yes, make that 51, I will never join facebook, and I laugh at anyone over the age of 25 that's on it. Same with all the other "social" sites. Stupid waste of time.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Well written.

quote:
Originally posted by nvmichael:

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5170 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I only use twit-face. much friendler

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1229 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Same with all the other "social" sites. Stupid waste of time.

What do you think AR is?
Sorry. couldn't miss the opportunity.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
The dividing line between AR and mainstream social sites, etc. is that one is a private site and the rest are "mainstream commercial sites" that make money on those who frequent them. They have the right to sell your information to anyone they choose and they dig like crazy to get every snip. I don't think AR does that and therefore should not be put in that same category.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5170 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
Hey! Where all my friends at?
Can I get some likes???
Wink

Posts: 1077 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 41816 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No douchebook for me or my GF

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I think it goes back to the "herd" mentality. If you can become one of many, you don't stand out, you can't be singled out as different, your faults won't be discovered, your weaknesses won't be exposed. Even better, your weaknesses aren't weaknesses anymore.

Facebook gives that opportunity to everyone. Fcebook reached critical mass. They won. Imagine if there were just fifty people on Facebook. They would get laughed off the planet. Instead, since there are only about fifty of us not on Facebook, we get laughed off the planet for being "strange".

Facebook gives everyone a forum to say "look at me", "listen to me". (Hmmmm, sounds a little bit like AR.)

I "Friend" no one.

My least favorite sites are the ones that come back to you and say, "I'm still waiting. You haven't Friended me yet". My standard answer is, "F You".

The Japanese have a saying, The nail that sticks up is the one that's going to be beaten down. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote