posted
I heard these terms which reference the word SERVICE:
Internal Revenue Service
Postal Service
Telephone Service
Civil Service
City & County Public Service
Customer Service Stations

Then I became confused about the word "service." This is not what I thought "service" meant.

So today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to "service" a few of his cows. BAM! It all came into perspective. Now I understand what all those "service" agencies are doing to us.

I hope you now are as enlightened as I am.

It's mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack; not rationality.

Posts: 2414 | Location: Humpty Doo NT Australia | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
thumb

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
That's hilarious -- even though there's more than a small kernel of truth in there... Big Grin

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kernel hell,its the whole G.D. cob.And we seem to be the recipients.Speaking of cattle service;a couple of years back;one of my neighbors,a rancher who had a bull that was'nt at all intimidated by barbed wire had the good fortune to be pastured next to this new city woman who came out,bought property,+ introduced her her stock of longhorn heifers.You can guess the rest.He went through that fence like no tommorrow + 'serviced' all those cows.GOD,she was pissed.My friend however just could'nt understand her consternation."I mean,damn,she got free service."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 4394 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of reloaderman
posted Hide Post
That reminds me of one of the old ranchers here in west Texas, that had a bull that wasn't "servicing" the the cows. He called the vet and had him examine the bull. The vet gave him some pills to give to the bull, well in about 2 days the bull was "servicing" every cow he could find!
I asked the old rancher "what was in those pills?"
He said he didn't know, "but they tasted like peppermint!" Eeker

Shovel ready.....
but hangin' on

Posts: 707 | Location: West Texas,USA | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote