New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saul is dying
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Saul is in the hospital dying and he decides to pray to God.

"Lord, I have never done right by my wife, please let her win the lottery so she can live comfortably after I'm gone."

No response.

The next day he continues his prayers:

"Lord, I haven't taken care of my children properly and have nothing to leave them. Please let them win the lottery so they will have fond memories of me."

No response.

On the third day, Saul is getting desperate.

"Lord, I beg of you, let my family win the lottery. I have spent all my money foolishly and want to care for them."

The room fills with a blindingly bright light. A booming voice fills the air:

"Saul, meet me halfway, buy a ticket."

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Several years ago a college bud won the state lottery. Now I know that the odds are still the same but somehow,2 folks that knew each other winning the lottery? I quit playing at that point.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Apparently, this guy has God on his side. Big Grin

http://www.airdrieecho.com/200...will-keep-17-m-prize

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a couple minutes before the 9pm shut off time, I let a many years friend get ahead of me so he wouldn't be late for work at 9. Damned if he didn't win $8mil. Like a true friend, the bastard won't even speak to me now!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5960 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin