THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Millennial Anti-Theft Device
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Millennial Anti-Theft Device
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted

Posts: 1085 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It works. I asked one of my employees, 25 year old, to take my pickup that has a manual transmission, to get the oil changed. He couldn't even get it started. No idea how to drive a manual.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Sad but true. When I was a kid I was taught using a John Deere tractor. I made sure all my boys learned to drive a standard early on. Just another part of parenting really.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
My daughter was driving a tractor with manual gears when she was 12!

She is 15 now, and can drive any car, loads her own ammo, installs scopes on her own rifles, and beats everyone she had a shooting contest with! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68771 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for her + you as well!

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I can't believe that Hessa is 15! Time flies! tu2 Safari time!!!!! Big Grin Move over Walter! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Story in the paper here a few months ago.
Couple jerks tried carjacking a woman.
She got out as ordered and stood by watching.
They couldn't figure out the stick shift.
They were still trying when the cops drove up.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6017 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
My young niece and son about 5 years ago were playing in a 67 international grain truck. I walked up cranking my arm in the signal to roll the window down. She had no idea, never seeing or doing manually rolling a window down. In a complete reversal of my time as a kid, when my great grandparents new car had power windows, they had to pull over and have a talk with me about not pushing the buttons all the time. These two sat in that old truck for the next 30 minutes rolling the windows up and down!!

Posts: 3531 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Both my daily driver car and hunting/towing truck are equipped with manual transmissions. My eldest is coming of driving age and learning on them in addition to her mom's automatic. She will not be incapable of driving a standard like most of her contemporaries. It's like shooting with open sights...

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few years ago in the news there was a story of a couple of guys who stole a 57 Chevy Belair. They stopped at a gas station to fill up;went in + paid then walked around the car then just drove off. The car was found a few miles down the road. They could'nt find the gas tank. (It's behind the tail light lens after you rotate it.)

one of us
posted Hide Post
My dad wasn't the type to do things the easy way - when I turned 16 I got a learner's permit and told me to get behind the wheel and drive us home - this was the 1st time I was ever behind the wheel and after some noise from the gears complaining I got us to the base of a long hill with several stop-lights. I didn't know about hill-holders and each time I took my foot off the break to feed gas the car would start to roll back and dad would stomp on my foot to feed gas -- and the gears. would grind. But I learned.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Been driving a standard since 70, new truck has an automatic . . . old phart vehicle.

I';m not looking forward to the day I hit the brake hard thinking I am pushing in the clutch to shift.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4260 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If any of you remembers the original Land Rovers, that what I learnt to drive on.

I have no idea what age I was.

My grandad could not drive, and when our driver was not around, I got to drive my grandad.

I was too short to be able to look through the windshield!

So I used to open the air vent below the windshield and look through that.

I was not strong enough to change to third gear, as it was on a dog leg, so my driving was always in second gear.

Did not make that much of a difference, as one needs that gear for driving in the sand! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68771 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
.....I'm with you Saeed, I learnt to drive in dads series 1 landrover when I was 12, except we had a banana plantation and the roads were about 40 degrees uphill and you generally had a load of bananas in the back.......interesting at times but you learnt real quick, you had to!

Roger

Posts: 1043 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Part of my learn to drive experience took place on one of those WW ll Ford trucks designed for British roads, no Sychromesh and shift gears with your left hand. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I started with a 3 on the tree rambler wagon.My 1970 landcuiser got lots of looks in town with the top off and manual tranny

Posts: 371 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the past I had a 57 Chevy Apache P.U. w/ the original floor starter. You tried not to park on an incline as it was a heel + toe affair w/ both feet between starter,clutch,gas,+ brake.One got better over time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My daughters' greatest memories of driving was blasting over to and around with friends in the 1963 Chevy step side PU. Their favorite was the standard transmissions and they comment to this day that vehicles are just not sporty or fun without a clutch!
Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is true.