Find
Notify
Tools

Oregon loses its mind
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
The Dem governor is about to sign a bill that essentially suspends single-family residential zoning to allow more "options" to ease a housing shortage and increase urban densities.
So Oregonians will be seeing more tiny houses!

https://vimeo.com/151916585

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
I can’t think of a better option. Imagine all those folks building new in the countryside. Cities balloon, county side shrinks, wilderness disappears. I honestly don’t know why we have any immigration at all. The frontier closed over 100 years ago. Our young people are tragically breeding like rabbits, we continue to increase. What’s the number? How many is enough and where does too many start? Smart folks would address this now. Where does the next 10, 20,30 million people live? How bout 100 million? When National and State parks are opened for high end housing development, let’s all remember our beloved immigration policy of the last 30 yrs. I was born and raised in BFE and still have a life I recognize. Thankfully passing it on to my kids but I wince at their future. Until then we’re farming hunting trapping fishing... like there’s no tomorrow.

Posts: 3534 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm fighting an HOA to define who can live in a single family residence. The HOA has turned punitive. They want to ban all rental homes in the HOA. They have a scheme similar to the mafia. "Sell your house, or we'll add about $5,000 in annual "fees" to help share your rental revenue with you. Like protection money. "Pay us and we'll quit hassling you and your tenants."

Posts: 13877 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Just remember, you voluntarily gave up your rights when you signed up to an HOA.

So, congratulations! You got the oppression you asked for.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's the latest Nutty, Greenie fad. One has to wonder how these meet building and fire codes, not to mention water and sewer ? sounds like the Third World is coming to us.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Its been coming for some time Griz, thanks to 'the powers that be' but for the life of me, what is this doing in the humor column? It's damn sure not funny.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
It’s not funny. I’ve brought up the numbers question several times. Nobody answers. Nobody knows. We just keep growing, consuming and polluting. I’m far from a treehugger. But more people is bad bad bad for any environment. Does global warming have to happen? Will it be the apocalypse that purges earth of too many humans?

Posts: 3534 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
You are right Brother. Nobody answers or knows. But they do know how to start a new development for the money with NO concern where the water will come from. They are going up all over the nation. I won't be around for many more years + my kids are pretty savvy but I can't help but be worried about my grandkids + what a legacy is being left for them. When I was a kid in the '50s the future was bright. Tomahawker, in response to your last sentence, it is very likely,by natures if not men own standards. On a small scale, we all know that in a drought year a doe who usually twins will go barren for the season. Nature has a way of balancing the scales......but then we enter in the human factor. Once again,I concern myself about the coming generations.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote