Find
Notify
Tools
HELICOPTER VIDEO?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted
Boy's, I don't think I got Alziehmers yet, maybe Sometimers. I might even be in the wrong forum. I saw a short video this week here abouts. It was a night patrol.Shot up 3 bad guys and a couple of trucks. Hope someone can help. Poletax.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check yer PM's poletax

Posts: 588 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 08 April 2003
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me know if you still need it.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response Frank. eshell fixed me rite up.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
Frank or anyone else......I have been trying to find it myself. I've heard a few talking about it but haven't seen it yet. Can someone send it to me???

txpo1911@yahoo.com

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002
one of us
posted Hide Post
TXPO, I sent you a link via email...

Rick.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Apex, NC, US | Registered: 09 November 2001
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
me too! i want to see it! Jeff

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just tried to access the link I had and it is gone or disabled. Sorry
Frank

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Here's one shot from an Apache, supposedly.
http://www.norcalttora.com/~brian/vids/apache.mpeg

Posts: 12690 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Anyone having an idea of where this film is from? Anti-guerilla warfare somewhere? Looks like one of the guys is driving a tractor with a plough or something?

Regards,
Martin

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Anyone having an idea of where this film is from? Anti-guerilla warfare somewhere? Looks like one of the guys is driving a tractor with a plough or something?

Regards,
Martin

It is said to be piece of an IR targeting video from an Apache helicopter gunship in Iraq. I believe the rounds fired are from a 30mm chain gun. The link above is for the shortened version, which omits the "lead-in".

HERE is another link for the same short version. They seem to keep going dead, perhaps due to traffic overloading the server.

I had avoided posting it on this thread and PM'ed it above, since this is supposed to be the "Humor" forum. Perhaps Don or Saeed will move it to a more appropriate forum.

The lead-in: I have not seen the longer version - I chased dying links for a few days and lost interest. BUT SUPPOSEDLY, the longer version provides a little insight into the reason for the "chopper" attack. The people on the ground were reportedly hiding munitions, etc. just prior to being targeted, and observed activities on the ground provided justification for the command to shoot.

Yes, it does seem to be a tractor, pulling a disk down another visible row of recently disked field. It would seem odd to disk a field in a war zone, though I realize life tries to go on. The time of day isn't apparent to me. The apparent farming activity could be intended to hide recent excavation. It also seems that the second person targeted was trying to retrieve something, perhaps a missle launcher, or a grease gun. Whatever it was, the shots fired didn't take his mind off getting it. Go figure. I can see no other weapons and the targeted people seem initially unaware of the helicopter, but this doesn't mean much in the context of what we are shown here.

This video clip has provided a lot of controversy wherever it's been linked. Not even to mention the administration of the coup degrace, though a moving enemy is always to be considered a threat.

Posts: 588 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 08 April 2003
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just sent copies of this to Txpo and bobbtopp

If you want to see some others that are too big to e-mail go to

http://beat1.barnard.columbia.edu/newspage/video_archive.htm

You may find something there you wouldn/t really want to see anywhere else.

Good viewing

Frank