New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congratulations!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
- I congratulate all my friends and colleagues who profess Islam, with Ramadan! The whole month I'm paying for your lunch !

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what about Methodists...?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When it comes to free lunch, not all are true Christians.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I take that as a "No"...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apparently, in real life your name is Sherlock Holmes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Although, Idaho, maybe I'm too cautious? How Methodists observe the religious fasting? do They not eat all day, or are there any restrictions on meat, etc.? We have a post when you can't eat the whole day until the first star is for one day only, on Christmas Eve.

one of us
posted Hide Post
that sounds like a Jewish joke. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
actually on the south side of Idaho we fast one Sunday a month and donate the money we would have spent on the food to needy Christians.
we don't deliver it in a box with C-4 or anything extra like they do, we just send the money.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As a back-sliding Methodist married to a devout Catholic I can tell you we fast only between meals, every day of the week. We are very religious about that.

I do get meat on Fridays, but not my wife. I get everything during Lent, except my wife. She's too fast. I can't catch her.

Posts: 13870 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote