THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Military Rules for Non-Military Personnel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military Rules for Non-Military Personnel
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of teflon
posted
Dear Civilians,

We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas we would like your assistance with:

1. The next time you see an adult talking during the playing of the National Anthem .... kick their ass.

2. When you witness first hand someone burning the American Flag in protest .... kick their ass.

3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see someone doing otherwise quietly pull them aside and explain how these Veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a Disabled Veteran kicks their ass.

4. If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDU's), telling others that you used to be Special Forces and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay if you were still seven. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.

5. If you witness someone calling an enlisted Marine "Sir", stand back .... a Marine will kick their ass.

6. Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?". Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass kicking (children are exempt).

7. Roseanne Barr's singing the National Anthem is not a blooper .... it is a disgrace and disrespectful. Laugh, and sooner or later your ass will be kicked.

8. Next time Old Glory prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her .... of course, failure to do either of these could earn you a severe ass kicking.

9. What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. The proper word to describe her is traitor. Just mention her nomination for Woman of the Year, and get your ass kicked.

10. Do not try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans and we all bleed the same regardless of our part of affiliation. Our Chain of Command, is to include our Commander-in-Chief. The President (for those who didn't know) is our CIC regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call on the military to go straighten it out. The military member might direct you to Oliver North. (I can see him kicking your ass already.)

11. "Your Mama wears combat boots" never made sense to me .... stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and probably kick your ass!

12. Bin Laden and the Taliban are not Communists, so stop saying "Let's go kill those Commies!!! And stop asking us where he is!!!! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me .... if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers; let me know, so I can go kick their ass.

13. Bus Driver, Jar Head, Grunt, Swabbie, Squid, etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them and could get your ass kicked.

14. Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with your family and friends please remember that there are literally thousands of troops overseas wishing they could be with their families.

15. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Found this on the Fort Liberty website. I don't know who the author was, but I hope everyone enjoys it ...

The mania for giving the Government power to meddle with the private affairs of cities or citizens is likely to cause endless trouble, through the rivaly of schools and creeds that are anxious to obtain official recognition, and there is great danger that our people will lose our independence of thought and action which is the cause of much of our greatness, and sink into the helplessness of the Frenchman or German who expects his government to feed him when hungry, clothe him when naked, to prescribe when his child may be born and when he may die, and, in fine, to regulate every act of humanity from the cradle to the tomb, including the manner in which he may seek future admission to paradise.
Mark Twain

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ " "Victory or Death!"

Posts: 723 | Location: chillin' in the Mountain State | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Teflon, Not bad!!!!
BTW, #4 is a crime over here in OZ, so not only will you look stupid, and get your arse kicked, you will also have to front the Judge (probably with a black eye), and get a criminal record.
Children are, of course, exempt.

Re #10, since all politicians are lying sacks of shit, and everyone knows it, why waste the time? You could be catching up with people you only get to see once a year.

Re #13, On ANZAC day, it is considered normal for all current and ex military to drink to excess and beat the crap out of each other. This is all done in the best possible taste (usually along tribal / branch of service lines) and is purely for fun. However, should a Civvy attempt the same they may discover that they have just picked a fight with the whole bar. Oops!

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with #5?

7mm. guy

shoot straight or shoot often.

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
7mm,

An enlisted man works for a living.

It's ok if you don't understand.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7mm. guy:
What's wrong with #5?

7mm. guy

Somebody kick his ass! Big Grin derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by derf:
quote:
Originally posted by 7mm. guy:
What's wrong with #5?

7mm. guy

Somebody kick his ass! Big Grin derf

jumping

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whats wrong with #5? ya dont callem sir you call them by rank, right fellas?

Well polish my balls and serve me a milkshake!

Posts: 325 | Location: Cordele, GA | Registered: 24 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ARhunter42019
posted Hide Post
Critter Killer yuppers, you got it... If he's a Private call him a Private, if he's a PFC, it's PFC if He's a Master Gunnery Sergeant you can get by with Master Gunns... but always call enlisted by rank, or bubba something LOL never ever Sir, if they don't have brass on the collar.. don't call them sir LOL I was but a lowly E-3 (Lance Corporal) but Sir irritated the crap outta me LOL

The chainsaw says: Run Kit Kitt Kitty

Posts: 84 | Location: Cat Hell, where cats suffer | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My bro-inlaw is in iraq somewhere fighting. So i get alot of military know how from him.

Well polish my balls and serve me a milkshake!

Posts: 325 | Location: Cordele, GA | Registered: 24 September 2004Reply With Quote