New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Bet
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A man named Bob walked into a seedy Redneck Bar and spent a few minutes drinking a beer and listening to the locals. Like most Redneck Bars, the topics of conversation revolved around guns, hunting and trucks. Bob was quietly drinking when one of the locals stepped up to him and asked him what he did. Bob casually stated he was the greatest living hunter in the world. And with that, the place fell silient.

The local asked Bob how he thought he could make that type of claim considering all the present company. Bob simply replied that it was a fact and that he was willing to prove it for all the free beer he could drink and if he lost the bet he would buy rounds for the house. It wasn't too surprising that the bet was immediately accepted. But the locals were curious as to how Bob would actually be able to prove it. Bob then boasted that he would allow himself to be blindfolded and would then identify, by feel alone, any pelt or trophy brought to him and would also state what was used to kill the animal.

So, Bob was blindfolded and sat on a barstool and the contest began.

A man brought in a skin and Bob ran his hands over it, thought for a few minutes and said "Coyote, shot with a .223". The people were amazed when the man holding the skin agreed and Bob drank a free beer. The next man stepped up with a skull and Bob said "Bobcat, caught in a #2 jaw trap". The man with the skull gasped and Bob drank another free beer. A woman stepped up and Bob, feeling the offered remains stated "Mule Deer, hit and killed by a pick-up". And another free beer was downed. On and on it went and Bob never came up wrong, and the free beer flowed freely.

The next morning, Bob woke up with a major hangover and stumbled into the bathroom. His wife, Anne, came to the doorway and stood with her arms crossed across her chest. Bob looked in the mirror and was shocked to see a huge blackeye and a fat lip. Angry he said "I can't believe on of those Rednecks punched me".

Anne stated "It wasn't a Redneck that did that, I punched you".

Bob shouted "Why the hell did you do that"?

Anne the remarked "Last night you came home stumbling drunk, smelling like a brewery and making all kinds of noise. Then, without warning you stuck your hand down my panties, felt around a little and slurred: SKUNK, KILLED WITH AN AXE"!

dancing

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote