New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heaven
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A Muslim died and found himself before the Pearly Gates. He was very excited as all his life he had longed to meet the Prophet Mohammad. Having arrived at the Gates of Heaven he met a man with a beard. 'Are you Mohammad?' he asked.

'No, my son. I am Peter. Mohammad is higher up.' And he pointed to a ladder which rose into the clouds .

Delighted that Mohammad should be higher than Peter, he climbed the ladder two rungs at a time. Climbing through the clouds he came to a room where he met second bearded man and he asked him: 'Are you Mohammad? '

No, I am Moses. Mohammad is higher still.

Exhausted, but with a heart full of joy, he continued to climb the ladder and came to an even larger room where he met a third man with a beard. Full of hope, he asked again: 'Are you Mohammad?

'No, I am Jesus. You will find Mohammad higher up.

Mohammad higher than Jesus! The poor man could hardly contain his delight as he climbed ever higher until he reached another room, a larger, even more enormous room, where he met a fourth man with a beard. Totally out of breath from all his climbing he gasped: 'Are you Mohammad?'

'No, my son. I am God, but you look quite fatigued! Would you like a coffee?'

'Yes, please, my Lord.'

God looked behind him, clapped his hands and called out: ' Hey, Mohammad, two coffees!'

God is great.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote