New
Find
Notify
Tools

Four Husbands
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The local news station was interviewing an 80-year-old lady because she had just gotten married for the fourth time. The interviewer asked her questions about her life, about what it felt like to be marrying again at 80, and then about her new husband's occupation. "He's a funeral director," she answered.

"Interesting," the newsman thought.

He then asked her if she wouldn't mind telling him a little about her first three husbands and what they did for a living.

She paused for a few moments, needing time to reflect on all those years.

After a short time, a smile came to her face and she answered proudly, explaining that she had first married a banker when she was in her 20's, then a circus ringmaster when in her 40's, and a preacher when in her 60's, and now - in her 80's - a funeral director.

The interviewer looked at her, quite astonished, and asked why she had married four men with such diverse careers.

She smiled and explained,

(Wait for it.)

"I married one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, and four to go."

Posts: 13870 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DOH!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo clap rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Whistling

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Better reasons then a lot of others with multiple marriages.

I had a co worker who married 5 all for love he said.

None of them worked out.

After telling me the last one was perfect.
She hunted and fished.

Then after the divorce he told me the dam B took half my guns too.

Posts: 19610 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Groan! Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
p dog, that hits too close to home. My divorce settlement was funded by my selling damn near all my guns. Kinda reminds me of the Richard Pryor routine about his divorce when the judge asks, "You got any dreams, nigger, because we want them too,"

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
p dog, that hits too close to home. My divorce settlement was funded by my selling damn near all my guns. Kinda reminds me of the Richard Pryor routine about his divorce when the judge asks, "You got any dreams, nigger, because we want them too,"

A good wife is a joy a bad one haunts you forever.

My first and current wife is a good one but then they are one in same.

Been married to the same and only one for 40 years in January.

My wife gets mad when I tell people my "first" wife is as good as my current wife.

Posts: 19610 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2