THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Top 10 Country Western Songs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top 10 Country Western Songs
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted
Top Ten Country Western Songs.

10. I Hate Every Bone In Her Body But Mine

9. I Ain't Never Gone To Bed With an Ugly Woman But I Woke Up With A Few

8. If The Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me

7. I've Missed You, But My Aim's Improvin'

6. Wouldn't Take Her To A Dogfight 'Cause I'm Scared She'd Win

5. I'm So Miserable Without You It's Like You're Still Here

4. My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend And I Miss Him

3. She Took My Ring and Gave Me the Finger

2. She's Lookin' Better with Every Beer

And the Number One Country & Western song is...

1. It's Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night That Chewed My Ass All Day

Posts: 2025 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
1. It's Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night That Chewed My Ass Redman All Day

Smiler

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey now...

we all know David Allen Coe sang the perfect country-western song. Steve Goodman wrote it.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Hey now...

we all know David Allen Coe sang the perfect country-western song. Steve Goodman wrote it.

Rich

Actually, Steve Goodman told David Allen Coe that he had wrote the perfect country western song, but David told him he had NOT wrote the perfect country western song, because it didn't say anything about getting drunk, mom, prison, trucks, or trains. Then Steve Goodman added another verse....

I love that song, the only one of his I like better is "If that ain't country, you can kiss my Ass!!" I have both on the CD player of my F150 King Ranch, and play it regularly! Wink

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or rain...

I wore one of those CD's out playing it.

"Country DJ's knows that I'm an outlaw. And they'd never come to see me in this dive. Where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughin' at the hippies, who are prayin' they'll get out of here alive. Loudmouth in the corner's gettin' to me; talkin' 'bout my earring and my hair. Well I don't guess he knows about the time I spent in prison. Someone oughta' warn him 'fore I knock him off that chair...".

Nobody will ever write a song like that again, it's a "One-of", kinda like Jerry Jeff's "Bojangles". Got to come from the gut, a lot of hard livin' behind them two.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
If you like David Allan Coe, don't EVER go see him live, or you won't anymore. I've seen him twice, once I was front row and could smell that nasty fat drunken bastard from 10 ft away. He could barely remember his words.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mother & Father* can be rather rough on us. I first saw him live in 1977. He was a rowdy then. Get his CDs, and remember him that way; he never ages on them.

Rich

* Mother Nature, and Father Time

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is another one.

Posts: 339 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Best country song ever wrote was by Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys.

They called it "I'm Proud To Be An Asshole From El Paso" (it was a trenchant parody of Merle Haggard's "I'm Proud To Be An Okie From Muskogie").

If you have not never heard it then you damn well should. patriot

But these here above titles are pretty damn good.

My favorite is "If The Phone Ain't Ringin' Then You'll Know It's Me" -- or words to that effect. Big Grin

Like my old daddy used to say: "If you ain't got no sense of humor then you ain't got no sense." Big Grin Cool Wink

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13417 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moremonte:
Top Ten Country Western Songs.

9. I Ain't Never Gone To Bed With an Ugly Woman But I Woke Up With A Few

jumping

However, the Finnish band "Freud, Marx, Engels & Jung" actually has a hit song called "Although I Never Went to Bed With an Ugly Woman"; and the chorus continues: "I've woke up with few".
Song

- Lars/Finland

A.k.a. Bwana One-Shot

Posts: 552 | Location: Finland | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow - David Allen Coe and Kinky Friedman. I didn't know people outside of Texas listened to them!

Anybody like Jerry Jeff Walker? "London Homesick Blues" has got to be one of my all time favorites.

I really like "If the phone doesn't ring it's me"; Jimmy Buffet and the Coral Reefers goes great with rum. Wink

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
I like JJW and Robert Earl Keen "Merry Christmas from the Family"

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daniel77:
I like JJW and Robert Earl Keen "Merry Christmas from the Family"

I justed checked out Robert Earl Keen, that guy is great! (and he is from Texas)

I gotta get some of his music!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A local group hired Coe for their redneck rodeo. Don't waste you time or money. I never saw anyone so far past it in my life.

Posts: 15892 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote