Tools

Sad sad news
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Easter has suddenly been cancelled

]

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always wanted to hang a buck deer from a tree in our front yard and glue a red ball on its nose.
But wife wouldn't let me.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Years ago I shot a rabbit out the window in my garden on Easter morning. My step daughter was there at the time + still very young. She commensed to weep + cry"You've killed the Easter bunny!"I felt a little low at the time as damages perceived by a child are not to be taken lightly.Like everything else it worked out.Now if I shoot a rabbit on Easter I make sure no one sees.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recall taking my very young son to the movies to see Bambi. When we left the theatre, he asked me "Daddy do you shoot the nice deer?" I said no David, I just shoot the mean ones. He was good with that.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
. My step daughter was there at the time + still very young. She commensed to weep + cry"You've killed the Easter bunny!"I .

My son was about 3 when I little old lady asked him about Easter bunnies he gave me a puzzled look.

I said what to you do with rabbits he said bang them cut them up and eat them. The little old lady said so you don believe in Easter bunnies

Son once again in a louder voice no bang them cut them up and eat them.

So if a child is raised properly one has no problems with such foolishness my children all wanted to shoot Bambi.

It is all about how you teach them life values.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your son learned well, and had a great teacher.

One of Us
Picture of Foxhunter223
posted Hide Post
I was at the Vets with my Springer Spaniel getting his vaccinations shots. While we were waiting this old lady comes up to him and says to the dog how good looking your are and gave him a big pat. She then asked me what his name was. I answered "Hunter" Oh my she says, but you would never take him hunting ? I said Hunter by name Hunter by nature. He goes often. I thought the old dear was going to faint.

Pete Smiler

Posts: 241 | Location: Northern NSW Australia | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote