Find
Notify
Tools

maybe not so funny
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm Really At A Loss !
When a soldier is killed in the line of duty, his family eventually gets a flag and a form note conveying sympathy and respect from the United States Government.

When a Black pro basketball player announces he is gay, he immediately gets a personal phone call from the President of the United States congratulating him for his courage.

am I missing something?

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably to Barry, a NBA player is a "hero". The use of that term to describe an athlete sickens me. They are talented, they are very good at what they do, many of them are philantropic, and they work hard to better themselves at what they do, but they are not heroes.
A hero is someone that has put himself in harm's way to defend a home or way of life.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
In total agreement!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only reason Obama called the gay basketball player and not the soldier's family is that Obama could get a date with the basketball player.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And he wishes he actually could play basketball and come out with his lover, instead of his political marriage

He has no respect for the military, and only sees it as a threat to him, and his brothers in terror and treason that he is trying to support.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
quote:
A hero is someone that has put himself in harm's way to defend a home or way of life.

+1 tu2

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasbeeman:

A hero is someone that has put himself in harm's way to defend a home or a life.

With the minor amendment, 10-4 big time. tu2

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A picture is worth a thousand words......

By God, Woodrow; it's been one hell of a party.

Posts: 44 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote