Find
Notify
Tools

PAYBACK IS A BITCH
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted
A motorcycle police officer stops a driver for shooting through a red light.The driver is a real jerk, steps out of his car and comes striding toward the officer, demanding to know why he is being harassed by the Gestapo. So the officer calmly tells him of the red light violation. The motorist instantly goes on a tirade, questioning the officer’s ancestry, sexual orientation, etc., in rather explicit offensive terms.The tirade goes on without the officer saying anything. When the officer finishes writing the ticket he puts an "AH" in the lower right corner of the narrative portion of the ticket.He then hands it to The 'violator' for his signature. The guy signs the ticket angrily, and when presented with his copy points to the "AH" and demands to know what it stands for.

The officer says, “That's so when we go to court, I'll remember that you're an asshole!”

Two months later they're in court. The 'violator' has a bad driving record with a high number of points and is in danger of losing his license, so he hired a lawyer to represent him. On the stand the officer testifies to seeing the man run through the red light.

Under cross examination the defense attorney asks; "Officer is this a reasonable facsimile of the ticket that you issued to my client?”

Officer responds,“Yes, sir, that is the defendant's copy, his signature and mine, same number at the top.”

Lawyer:“Officer, is there any particular marking or notation on this ticket you don't normally make?”

“Yes, sir, in the lower right corner of the narrative there is an "AH," underlined.”

“What does the "AH" stand for, officer?”

“Aggressive and hostile, Sir.”

“Aggressive and hostile?”

"Yes, Sir.

“Officer, are you sure it doesn't stand for asshole?”

“Well, sir, you know your client better than I do.”

How often can one get an attorney to incriminate his own client?

Posts: 1085 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll bet that Norman Conquest knows either the driver or, the lawyer. Maybe both.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Posts: 1085 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having testified in traffic court a lot over 30 years.

Normally those types of drivers have no problem letting the judge know.

What type of person they are.

It can be entertaining to watch.

Posts: 19606 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yeah Doc,I guess I do. In the case in point here,the girlfriend was driving poorly;hit a curb. Driving poorly is NOT DWI,but that was what she was charged with because the cop said she "looked drunk".So that was what the judge charged her with;with no evidence. They kept her for 28 hours w/o her meds (heart+ BP)+ damn near killed her.Drew blood;after 10 months they could not find the blood results (of course not because she has not a drink in 10 years)So the judge just sentences 1 yr probation + all the classes + fines.If she refuses she will get 1 year in county + a $4000.00 fine.This is total B.S. but it is happening here in Williamson County + most likely elsewhere as well.Having to put my business /livelyhood on hold since now I have to be a taxi service instead of working to get her to every place the county DEMANDS.And the10K attorney says take it its the best deal you're gonna get.EXCUSE ME!!There was no crime committed;no evidence;the officer said she looked drunk,so there.The paper we got from her liver Doctor that explained that her functions,IE, slurred speech,lack of equalibribium,etc. are all results of chrissos of liver damage.So w/o a blood test that was a Dr.s prognosis.The judge would not even look at it.Not admissable in court....WHY NOT?! I;'ll tell you why;Williamson County has been getting rich on running folks through the system.Sorry,I'm living it + not liking it one bit.I love where I live but the rules have changed for the powers that be.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somehow I just knew you had a "True Story" for us.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Wow! What a corrupt society we live in! thumbdown

posted Hide Post
All those classes are run by the judge or family members where the 'student' has to pay the cost of the classes.
If you have the time it's better to do the time, save $4000 and cost the county $36500 (At a rate of $100/day for room and board) If every person would do this it would bankrupt the local government. Then sue them for the deplorable conditions of over population in the jail

Posts: 41 | Location: CUCAMONGA CALIFORNIA USA | Registered: 27 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
YeahDoced,it is a true story;I'm living it.I can understand your doubts since it does sound quite unreal + had I not personally sat in the court room + heard it from the judge myself I would have had a hard time believing it too.Let me add a little addendum to this. Since one of the "classes" she had to take was every Sat. + Sun. morning from 8-10,I saw no point in leaving + coming back so I took a book + sat in the back of the room.I did learn a little bit. Seems that now they can arrest + prosecute you if you have your own or anyone's prescription meds in your vehicle.Does'nt matter if you are just leaving the pharmacy,pills still in bag,etc.I had my doubts about that so I asked a cop + he told me yes.Also here in Texas they now have a "zero tolerance" level,meaning that they are not going by the numbers on the breathalyzer anymore. Now, ANY drink you can be arrested for.Interesting,eh?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Having testified in traffic court a lot over 30 years.

Normally those types of drivers have no problem letting the judge know.

What type of person they are.

It can be entertaining to watch.

+1 popcorn

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote