Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Count your hours!
 Login/Join

posted
So the lawyer dies and he’s at the Pearly Gates.
Not fair he complains, I’m only 45 years old.
No says St Pete, we have a new system.
We now do it by billable hours.
According to your records, you’re 153.

"It's a good day for something"

Posts: 319 | Location: S E Wisconsin | Registered: 15 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And probably one of the few lawyers to make it to the pearly gates.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
But we dont know that he got through the gates , do we ?

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4463 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
True story here. Several years ago a lawyer came to my shop + wanted a metal sign for the front of his business. I told him $80.00 + he went unglued.Thought it was way too much + then asked me how long it would take me to make it. I said that not that the time really mattered as that was the price but it probably would take me about an hour.He blew up at that as well + said,but thats what I make an hour. So I said,so what's your problem? He says,Thats different;I have an education.I politely showed him to the gate.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One of the counties I worked in had a fairly fresh out of law school assistant DA.

Being a state employee also we would talk about wages among other things.

He would tell me how much money he had invested in his sheep skin.

I kept asking him home much money he was making and how long it would take him to pay off his debt.

He kept avoiding telling me. I could have found out by doing some research as public employees base salary is public information.

One day I just threw out a number and he said in a shocked voice who told you.

I just laugh because it was just SWAG but I was right on the money.

As a senior trooper I was making 6 dollars more per hour.

I said come to work for us and make more money.

He said he always wanted to be a lawyer. I said I always wanted to be a LEO.

He is now DA making around 85 thou a year. They don't get paid over time so his hourly rate I am sure is fairly low.

Senior troopers with any amount of over time could still be making more money now per hour worked.

I guess I retired to soon there was a couple nice raises since I left.

But then I enjoyed retired life for going on 8 years.

And the point of all this is just because you have more education doesn't mean you are worth more money.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
One of the counties I worked in had a fairly fresh out of law school assistant DA.

Being a state employee also we would talk about wages among other things.

He would tell me how much money he had invested in his sheep skin.

I kept asking him home much money he was making and how long it would take him to pay off his debt.

He kept avoiding telling me. I could have found out by doing some research as public employees base salary is public information.

One day I just threw out a number and he said in a shocked voice who told you.

I just laugh because it was just SWAG but I was right on the money.

As a senior trooper I was making 6 dollars more per hour.

I said come to work for us and make more money.

He said he always wanted to be a lawyer. I said I always wanted to be a LEO.

He is now DA making around 85 thou a year. They don't get paid over time so his hourly rate I am sure is fairly low.

Senior troopers with any amount of over time could still be making more money now per hour worked.

I guess I retired to soon there was a couple nice raises since I left.

But then I enjoyed retired life for going on 8 years.

And the point of all this is just because you have more education doesn't mean you are worth more money.

Sometimes your convoluted ideas actually make you worth less. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
the point of all this is just because you have more education doesn't mean you are worth more money.

Correct. The REAL issue is that for most Americans the purpose of an education is to make more money, NOT to study a subject that you love and are deeply interested in.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a history major but I own a sheet metal shop because I make more money doing that than I ever could teaching. Besides,we ALL have an education,just in different areas.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know a fishing guide that works as a teacher for
more hours, can't wait to get out on the boat though.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
True story here. Several years ago a lawyer came to my shop + wanted a metal sign for the front of his business. I told him $80.00 + he went unglued.Thought it was way too much + then asked me how long it would take me to make it. I said that not that the time really mattered as that was the price but it probably would take me about an hour.He blew up at that as well + said,but thats what I make an hour. So I said,so what's your problem? He says,Thats different;I have an education.I politely showed him to the gate.

why were you polite about it?

Posts: 1537 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
But we dont know that he got through the gates , do we ?

If there is any justice, the pearly gates to which the lawyers go should have the following:

Music playing 24 hours a day at 120 decibels.
1 degree temperature showers every morning.
From midday to sun down 58 degrees and no shade.
Breakfast rotting snails.
Lunch rotting pigs intestines.
Dinner pigs eyes covered in maggots.

Only shady trees are Africa’s Buffalo bean trees. clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67469 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jon C. for one reason,I am a polite guy. For the 2nd reason one of the 1st things he said was that he had'nt found anything to sue me for...yet.