Find
Notify
Tools

A Bunny Story
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A Bunny Story
Once upon a time there was a man who was peacefully driving down a windy road. Suddenly, a bunny skipped across the road and the man couldn't stop. He hit the bunny head on. The man quickly jumped out of his car to check the scene. There, lying lifeless in the middle of the road, was the Easter Bunny.
The man cried out, "Oh no! I have committed a terrible crime! I have run over the Easter Bunny!"
The man started sobbing quite hard and then he heard another car approaching. It was a woman in a red convertible. The woman stopped and asked what the problem was.The man explained, "I have done something horribly sad. I have run over the Easter Bunny. Now there will be no one to deliver eggs on Easter, and it's all my fault."
The woman ran back to her car. A moment later, she came back carrying a spray bottle. She ran over to the motionless bunny and sprayed it. The bunny immediately sprang up, ran into the woods, stopped, and waved back at the man and woman. Then it ran another 10 feet, stopped, and waved. It then ran another 10 feet, stopped, and waved again. It did this over and over and over again until the man and the woman could no longer see the bunny.
Once out of sight, the man exclaimed, "What is that stuff in that bottle?"
The woman replied, "It's harespray. It revitalizes hare and adds permanent wave."

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many years ago on Easter morning while the kids were still asleep (I thought) I was walking from the house to my shop with a Marlin 39 + a rabbit ran across the yard.Well,you know what happened.And my daughter was watching.Oh,the tears,as I'd just killed the Easter bunny.She's now a grown woman + Doctor up in Dallas (read mature) but do you think she's forgotten that morning? Not hardly.I still hear about it.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 4245 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norman Conquest:

If that Marlin 39 was a lever action 22, then I have mixed emotions!. I always had either single shot 22s or bolt action 22s as a kid. (I was shooting from age 8 onwards) The Marlin 39 was my heart's desire to have! My father just didn't think the lever action was accurate enough to his standards. ( I used to shoot squirrels off the ridgepole of the roof-without touching the roof, of course - but I always yearned for a Marlin 39. I would argue with him that he loved the Savage 99 {and so did I} so why not the Marlin 39? He was teaching me how to shoot "closely" An old term in those days) and just didn't believe in lever actions for that. End of story. It was nice to read that the Marlin 39 is still around. (I'm 76)

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A bear and a rabbit sitting in the woods.
The bear turns to the rabbit and asks "Do you have problems with shit sticking to your furr?"
No says the rabbit.
So the bear wiped his ass with the rabbit. homer

You are who you choose to be.
Are you who you want to be?

Posts: 125 | Location: Altus, OK,USA | Registered: 30 March 2001Reply With Quote