New
Find
Notify
Tools

An unfair fight
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
(Too many Americans are unaware that Aussie teams operating in Iraq pinpointed targets for our USAF in the western desert of Iraq. Call them whatever is the current term, "commandos", "long range desert recco", they did a magnificent job. I understand that they operated in Afghanistan as well. I enjoyed this joke and hope you will too)

A Taliban unit is moving through the mountains of Afghanistan when an Aussie voice is heard from the other side of a low hillside: " One Aussie is better than 10 Taliban".

The Taliban commander sends a platoon (40 men?)over the ridge. There are a few moments of gunfire and then total silence.

The Taliban commander smiles grimly - but then comes the same Aussie voice again: " One Aussie is better than 100 Taliban".

Now really angry, the Taliban commander sends two companies (Yeah, guys, I'm assuming about 250 men) over the ridge. This time there is a prolonged gun battle lasting almost 20 minutes. Again silence comes and the Taliban commander begins to relax.

Again comes the Aussie voice:" One Aussie is better than a thousand Taliban".

The Taliban commander now is determined to go for broke. He throws in everything he has. The battle rages for nearly half an hour.

Again silence now prevails.

The Taliban commander is wondering why he has no reports from his field commanders -when a lone Taliban comes crawling over the ridge. He is bloodied and clearly dying.

With his last breath he gasps: " Don't send any more men. It's a trap. There are two of them!"

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
clap

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
First time I heard this was during the Arab/Israeli war with you know who having two men! Still a great joke.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The first time I heard this joke it was Japs V Marines. Still a damn funny joke though.

jumping

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
Lewis Grizzard told it as two Rebel soldiers on top of Stone Mountain. Lewis, we miss you!

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TrapperP:

Now be real! You din't think a damyankee was going to give the Rebs a break! Smiler

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote