New
Find
Notify
Tools

Discovering faith in God
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
An avowed atheist is walking in the woods in Alaska. He keeps saying to himself how beautiful everything is that evolution has produced. He admires the sparkling river, the beautiful scenery and hearing the sounds of the woods. Suddenly, however, he hears a rustling of brush behind him - and sees an enormous Kodiak brown bear coming for him. He runs as fast as he can but the bear is obviously gaining. He begins to sob that he doesn't want to die this way! He looks back again and the bear is practically on him. Now he stumbles and falls - the bear looms over him and is raising that massive paw to swat him.

The atheist screams out: " OH, MY GOD!"

The bear freezes. The river stops flowing. All sounds of the woods stop.

Now comes an awful voice: " YOU HAVE ALWAYS DENIED THAT I EXIST. YOU HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT THIS WORLD IS NOTHING BUT A COSMIC ACCIDENT. BUT NOW YOU WANT ME TO SAVE YOU? TELL ME WHY I SHOULD DO ANYTHING TO HELP YOU?"

The atheist says: " I know it would be too hypocritical of me to convert now - but could you make the bear a Christian?"

The river begins to flow again and the sounds of the woods resume.

And the bear drops to his knees and clasps two paws together and says: " Thank you Lord, for this food which we are about to receive".

Posts: 800 | Location: NY | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
jumping

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
clap

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote