Find
Notify
Tools

exam
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Final Exam
There were four college sophomores taking chemistry, and all of them had an 'A' so far. These four friends were so confident that the weekend before finals, they decided to visit some friends and have a big party. They had a great time but, after all the hearty partying, they slept all day Sunday and didn't make it back to Florida State until early Monday morning.
Rather than taking the final then, they decided that after the final they would explain to their professor why they missed it. They said that they visited friends but on the way back they had a flat tire. As a result, they missed the final. The professor agreed they could make up the final the next day. The guys were excited and relieved. They studied hard that night for the exam.
The next day the Professor placed them in separate rooms and gave them a test booklet. They quickly answered the first problem worth 5 points. Cool, they thought! Each one, in a separate room, thought this was going to be easy ... then they turned the page. On the second page was written..

For 95 points: Which tire? _________

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife told me that on a test in high school one time on a question she wrote "I don't know" the guy sitting behind her wrote "me neither"

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
I had a history professor that if he determined that too many students were absent that day from class, he'd shout "Pop Quiz!", and give us all a 100 pt quiz with 5 questions.

For those that were in class, the questions would be "What color is my shirt?", or he'd write a number on the chalkboard and say, "What is this number?", etc, etc.

Then he'd offer a "Makeup Quiz" to those students that weren't in class, and it would be "Name the key points in the original Magna Carta", "Describe the significance of the original Mayflower Compact, and how it influenced the future colonies. And "Give a brief dissertation of the impact of the Napoleonic period to French culture", etc, etc.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Sad + true part of this. I'm a History major. I have a sheet metal company as my profession(that involves algerba + geometry).No money in teaching history as I have found,mores the pity.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Sad + true part of this. I'm a History major. I have a sheet metal company as my profession(that involves algerba + geometry).No money in teaching history as I have found,mores the pity.

Almost sounds like me. Sometimes an education is just a way to understand life and make the most of it. Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speaking of education,several years ago this attorney came to see me about building him a metal sign for his entrance way.He asked the cost + I told him $80.00. He blew a gasket about that being way too high then asked me how long it would take me. I told him not that that should matter but about an hour. He said well hell thats what I make an hour. So I said so whats your problem? He says thats different,I have an education.Needless to say in the nicest way,I showed him the door.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Huh. My "shop fees" are way higher than $80/hr. I take it he doesn't get much work done for him by various "trades"? He must normally have "his people" do this kind of thing for him?

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This was about 20+ years ago,but I agree:besides I don't have to work for arrogant assholes.I don't mean to give every lawyer the bad name (Lavaca here is a good egg) but the vast amount seem to set the norm.Mores the pity.