Find
Notify
Tools

You're gonna over do it.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of T man
posted
One day a farmer, noticing his 500 hens were lonely, decided to go to the local swap meet to purchase about a dozen roosters to keep them company. When he got there he talked to several breeders, and finally came to a man who claimed to have the most potent rooster in the world. The farmer explained his dilemma, and the man assured him that this one rooster would take care of all his hens, or his money back. Well, the farmer thought about this wild claim for a while, but eventually decided to give the rooster a try. He paid the man and took his rooster home.
As soon as farmer arrived home and released the newly purchased rooster to his flock, the rooster, in a wild frenzy, busily began copulating with the hens one at a time. Within a very short time, each one was sired and happily heading for the hen house to lay eggs. The farmer, seeing this, thought out loud "You'd better slow down old boy or you'll kill yourself at that rate." The next morning, the farmer was awakened to the sounds of his sheep raising hell. He looked out the window and couldn't believe his eyes. That miracle rooster was siring the ewes. He thought on his way to breakfast, "You'd better slow down old boy or you'll kill yourself at that rate." After breakfast, the farmer had to chase the rooster out of the milk barn, where he caught the rooster making it with his prize Holsteins. He yelled as the rooster ran from the barn, "You'd better slow down old boy or you'll kill yourself at that rate." Later that afternoon, as the farmer was cutting hay, he noticed the rooster lying in the middle of the field apparently dead. A flock of buzzards was already circling overhead. The farmer was heartsick as he got off the tractor and approached the motionless prize rooster. He knelt down beside him and said sadly "I warned you to slow down old boy or you'll kill yourself at that rate and now your dead." The rooster cracked one eye pointed a wing to the circling buzzards and said "Shhh!! They're fixin' to land."

I didn't go up there to die, I went up there to live.

Posts: 114 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to be in a band with a drummer like that...

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
jumping