THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Sh*# Southern woman say in a hurricane
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sh*# Southern woman say in a hurricane
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
rotflmo tu2 Well Bless Their Hearts!

Posts: 2038 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Although I was not so fond of the movie because I dislike Julia Roberts in general, I do love the term Steel Magnolias to describe own women.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that!

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lord, I hope it doesn't flood the Wall Mart. Smiler

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1673 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Junior, you've been bad + deserve a whipping + as soon as Daddy gets home, we're going to Wal Mart.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In 2008, I was in the Selous and didn't carry a sat phone then. Hurricane Ike was bearing down on Houston and wasn't sure I'd even be able to get back. I did. A day before the hurricane hit. My wife, who had never been through a hurricane, had done nothing. By the time I got there, the shelves were bare, the gas stations were out of gas, etc. We had no ice, food, gas, dry ice or pretty much anything else. So, when I got back, I filled every available container including ice chests with water. We ate game out of the freezer cooked on a propane grill until it went bad. And then pretty much dieted. She knows better now.

Posts: 10383 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another good reason to give kudos to the Mormons. As a general rule since there is a grocery store right around the corner most of us Texans don't stock a lot. That changed for me in 96 when we had a severe ice storm that took out all the electric + iced the roads so you couldn't go anywhere anyway. After that little fiasco, I installed propane lamps above my gas cook stove + at the head of the stairs. Also along with my existing wood stove, I installed 2 Colonial Dutchwest propane fireplaces. Since we are in the country we are on a well so water is a major issue. I installed a generator in the good house that was converted to propane as gas will go bad but propane just waits to be used. I keep beaucoup of anned goods as well as meals in the freezer + bottled water just in case. Another reason my ex is my ex is that she always had the bad habit of just taking any vehicle I had that had gas in it + bring it back home without enough gas to make it to the filling station. I thought I was being smart one time + bought a Ford F-150 w/saddle tanks, foolishly thinking I would always have a spare tank in reserve. That lasted until she discovered the switch over switch.