New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sales Help These Days!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought a Christmas tree today. The young kid that was helping me get it onto the roof of the car asked me, “Are you going to put this up yourself?”

I replied, “No! It’s going in the living room!”

Posts: 276 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Getting out would be worse, depending which way it was inserted! coffee

Hip

Posts: 1822 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sold Christmas trees for 18 years.

you probably wouldn't believe all the dumb shit I seen and heard over the years.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
I worked at a large choose and cut Christmas Tree farm during High School. Some days we would sell 5,000 trees. Made a lot of money carrying out trees and helping to load them. Saw some stupid people trying to load 12-15 foot trees (they didn't borrow the measuring stick) on the roof of their cars. Any Tree Any Size was $6.00 back then.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
I sold Christmas trees for 18 years.

you probably wouldn't believe all the dumb shit I seen and heard over the years.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dumb shit, indeed. I have an old buddy from college, retired now from teaching school, + gained weight + grew a beard which is now snow-white. He was asked if he was interested in getting into the "Santa Claus Union". So he did, over the last 2 years he was making $200.00 an hour doing Santa at festivals, malls, etc. I talked to him the other day + asked if he would be doing the gig this year + he said, "No, I can't afford the insurance." I asked what insurance, + he told me that the way things are these days, with the worries of child sexual abuse, ad-nauseum, requires that they (Santa) can NOT touch the child. They are required to keep their white gloved hands in the air at all times, + the parents themselves have to set the child on Santa's knee. (another liability disclaimer). WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH AMERICA TODAY?!!!

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH AMERICA TODAY?!!!

Randy: EVERYTHING Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went to the bank one day and wanted to close one of my accounts.

Went to the window and the teller referred me to one of the Desk People.

He said "How may I help you?"

Me--- I want to close this account!

Him---How much do you want to withdraw. He asked the same question 3 times!

Finally I was really fed up and WANTED TO SAY BUT DIDN"T-----Well you take half and I'll take the other F^*kin' half!

Hip

Posts: 1822 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnD:
I bought a Christmas tree today. The young kid that was helping me get it onto the roof of the car asked me, “Are you going to put this up yourself?”

I replied, “No! It’s going in the living room!”

I am stealing this one! Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a REAL problem with ineptitude in ANY business or individual that I have to deal with. I guess I am becoming a "curmudgeon". + Vaughn, you are 100% correct!

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, + in the day when we were on the construction site, + there was some idiot; the common response was, "Well, that's what you get for hiring help out of the bars."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or what I heard many times when loading a semi with pipe and other items.

"that's good enough for no further than it's going". Re: Georgia to Seattle or between.

Did you know a load of pipe cannot be chained down tight enough to stop some of the joints so they won't still "walk in or out"?" Damn loads will grow forward or backwards no matter what you do. I often threatened to just weld a few together and try that.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George, I can relate. About 43 years ago when I was working for another AC contractor, I had to hit a job, quick, I told the helper what to load + tie it down good, then I went into the front office for the work order, went out, got behind the wheel + took off. I got as far as I35 on the bridge with the San Gabriel River at least 150' below when this 100' roll of insulation flew out of the back of my truck + unrolled itself on the bridge. I was sweating bullets when I made the next exit to turn around + get it rolled back up in traffic, while having visions of some little old lady trying to avoid it + going over the bridge. It all worked out O.K. but it was a wake-up call, + still to this day, I ALWAYS tie down my own load.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Randy: Eeker Eeker Eeker Eeker Eeker rotflmo clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, to say it was scary, is putting it mildly.