New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCAA Football...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
pretty funny deal for bowl game eligibility.

1. you have to win six games

2. you have to have a winning record.

The NCAA Competition Committee is meeting to discuss the unpleasant discovery that there are now 41 bowl game, including the Championship. That means they need 80 teams, since the final game will pit the winners of the four team playoff.

The funny part; at this point there are only 71 projected teams that meet that criteria.

They think sponsors may balk at the prospect of shelling out fifteen to twenty (or more) millions of dollars to fund a bowl with one or both teams 6 and 7.

Ya think!!!

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
follow the money

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
allow the Ajax Toilet Bowl, Campbells Soup Bowl, Alpo Dog Food Bowl, and Ceasars Salad Bowl to have teams with losing records. Seriously, other than alumni of the respective participants, does anyone really watch all these outliers??? Who really cares, in terms of advertising ?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13429 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
Absolutely true, my friend. Years ago, a Bowl Bid used to mean something. Anymore, by the time the best teams are playing, I'm so tired of College Football, I usually don't watch.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote