New
Find
Notify
Tools

mayday maday
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
An air traffic control tower suddenly lost communication with a small twin engine aircraft.

A moment later the tower land line rang and was answered by one of the employees!

The passenger riding with the pilot who lost communications was on a cellular phone.

He yelled,"Mayday, mayday! The pilot had an instant and fatal heart attack! I grabbed his cell phone out of his pocket and he had told me before we took off he had the tower on his speed dial memory! I am flying upside down at 18,000 feet and traveling at 180 mph! Mayday, mayday!"

The employee in the tower immediately put him on speaker phone!

"Calm down, we acknowledge you and we'll guide you down after a few questions! The first thing is not to panic! Remain calm!"

He began his series of questions:

Tower: "How do you know you are traveling at 18,000 feet?"

Aircraft: "I can see that it reads 18,000 feet on the altimeter dial in front of me!"

Tower: "Okay, that’s good, remain calm! How do you know you're traveling at 180 mph?"

Aircraft: "I can see that it reads 180 mph on the airspeed dial in front of me!"

Tower:"Okay, this is great so far, but it’s heavily overcast! So how do you know you’re flying upside down?"

Aircraft:“The s%#! in my pants is running out of my shirt collar!!"

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2640 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
df06,
If you know any older person who worked in the FAA Minneapolis Center, ask them if this phrase over the loudspeaker ever made them shit in their pants?
(screeching voice) "Minneapolis Center this is Goliath!"

to all others, Goliath was the 23rd NORAD Region center in Duluth, MN, probably calling to notify the launch of interceptors to get a Russian bear bomber coming over Canada.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
My dad was a fighter pilot in Korea + Nam using the F100 + F105

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote