THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Re: IF Gen. George P were president today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: IF Gen. George P were president today
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Heck Gerald,I was taking potshots at some Canadians too! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I have a quote on my computer at work that is attributed to really be from Patton and it is, 'If we are all thinking the same, then some of us are not thinking.'

That does not strike me as something he would have said either.

LouisB

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I was growing up, and my dad was in the military, my mother worked on the base in a secretarial capacity for some of the upper General staff usually.

I don't remember who the officer was, but when we lived at Ft. Bragg in 1966 and 1967, the officer that my mom worked for had a picture on his desk. It was a picture of George Patton taking a leak ( urinating) into the Rhine River in Germany.

Some reporter had asked George what he was going to do once he reached the Rhine River, and his answer was he was going to take a "piss in it"

The picture was taken by some of Patton's staff as the story goes, and was not for the press.. .. But Patton gave signed copies of it to his general staff, of which this General had been a young captain in at the time during WW 2.

He was a General at the Headquarters of the Green Berets at Ft. Bragg.

Patton might have been rough around the edges, but he is sure the type of "politically incorrect" type we need in this screwed up world today.

I think this post is excellent.!!! Great Job TC!

Cheers and Good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote