Notify
Tools

Help me win the lottery
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
An oldie but I still like it...

A man is down on his luck, and has a large family to care for, so he is in church on Sunday praying...

"Dear God, please help me win the lottery next Saturday night. I am completley broke, and my wife is ill, my son is in his last year of school, and my daughter's husband has just left her with two little tiny infant children... Please help us; give us a win in the lottery next Saturday night..."

The next Saturday comes, the lottery drawing is held, and nothing. Zip. Nada. So, Sunday he is back in church again, still praying...

"God, where were you last night when we needed your help in the lottery drawing? We were counting on you, and things have been getting worse financially with us. I have lost my job, and our little bit of health insurance the company provided. The price of gas is so high I can't even look for work now. The last of our savings is gone. I promise if you help us out, I'll use any money left over from putting us back on an even keel to do only things you would approve of...maybe get my wife a new coat for the coming winter, buy my boy a new calculator for his math clasees, and get a supply of new diapers and baby food for my daughter's kids...that kind of thing. 'We'll be counting on you for help in the coming week's lottery drawings, eiher Wednesday or Saturday. Please don't forget us this time..."

Once agin, the lottery drawings are held during the week and there is no financial winning for this man. So, Sunday he is once aqain in church., literally grovelling and pleading..

"My God, why have you forsaken us? As you are all-powerful, and all-loving, and all-knowing, why can't you use just a little of that ability to help us win the lottery money just once when we are in such desparate need?

"I promise to do good works in your name with every cent we don't really, really need. I'll spend at least three days a week helping other folks out and giving you the glory. I'll bear witness to your greatness on every street corner. When I find a job, I'll give 10% of my gross pay to the poor box every week. I'll cleave to my family and never even look at a woman other than the wife you gave me to support. I'll give up all alcholic drink, and never bet on a pony again in my remaining life. Plese, please, PLEASE hlep us win the olottery..."

Then a great clap of thunder is heard, the roof of the church is rent in twain, the clouds part, and a great light shines down directly on the praying man there still on his knees. A booming, deep voice is heard...

"So, alright already, I'll help you win the lottery... BUT, YOU gotta meet me half way! For Pete's sake, BUY A TEECKET!!!

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote