New
Find
Notify
Tools

the farmer & the genie
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
the farmer was out plowing his field one spring day and hit a bottle. Getting off the tractor to see, he picked up the bottle, rubbed it and a genie appeared. The genie had been imprisoned in the bottle for 1000 years and promised the farmer three wishes to show his grattitude. The farmer thought for a minute and waid I always wanted one of those big tractors with the air conditioning and everything. Poof and he had one. The genie sait now what you you like. The farmer thought for another minute and said he'd like to see a perfect growing season. Poof, you shall have it. And what would be your last wish the genie asked. The farmer pondered a bit, and then came back with the wish to see $5.00 corn. Poof, you will have it.
The next spring the farmer was back in the field and plowed up another bottle. Remembering what had happened last year, he immediately rubbed the bottle, and out popped another genie. This was the brother of the first genie, and was so happy at being left free and being able to see his brother again, that he granted the farmer another wish. Without a moments thought the farmer wished for $5.00 corn. The genie waid, poof, you will have it, but didn't you siwh for that last year. Well yes I did said the farmer. Then why again the same wish the genie asked. Well, the farmer replied, I held out for $5.50

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote