New
Find
Notify
Tools

Polite scout
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In the bus rides grandmother, and opposite the scout sitting. Grandmother sniffs snuff and sneezes. Scout tells her:
– Bless you, grandma!
– I'm not sick, my grandson, I snuff sniff...
– Yes grandma, though you choke on the shit, but in school we are taught to be polite!

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
V,
That's kind of funny but I suspect most guys don't even know what snuff is.
Years ago I had a can of sweet snuff and it was "interesting". Nice sweet aroma but it played hell with my allergies!
Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the original purpose of snuff was to make you sneeze. You took a pinch and snorted it up your nose.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZekeShikar:
V,
That's kind of funny but I suspect most guys don't even know what snuff is.
Years ago I had a can of sweet snuff and it was "interesting". Nice sweet aroma but it played hell with my allergies!
Zeke

It's a weird story - the origin of jokes. Snuff was popular in Russia in the 18th-early 19th century. Of course, no buses and scouts (in the Russian tradition - "the pioneers") at the time was not. And even though now you can buy snuff, I've never seen a person who sniffs. However, the joke sounds funny.
By the way, modern Russian author Pelevin (the best now, by a wide margin from the rest) wrote a novel SNUFF, but no Association of that word is.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasbeeman:
I think the original purpose of snuff was to make you sneeze. You took a pinch and snorted it up your nose.

Snuff has a strong narcotic effect, stronger than the usual tobacco smoke. And health effects too.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I knew what it was, but still didn't connect with the joke. Sorry Vashper, you struck out with me on this one!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most likely, I incorrectly translated the remark of scout.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Those of us that worked in the oilfield know what snuff is. I donated my four lower front teeth to Copenhagen / Skoal after fifteen years of use.

Posts: 13805 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
actually snuff is a powdered and dried tobacco.
you would pinch it between your fingers, or place some on the web of your thumb, and then snort it up your nose.
you might could see it being used in some of the older B/W movies about the French courts and such.
look up 'snuff box' to see what it is.

skoal and such got the term snuff because it looked like a rough cut version.

i tried snuff [the powdered version] a few times when i was younger but haven't seen it for years.

Posts: 4987 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Russian history this tobacco has played an important role. During the Palace coup in favor of Catherine the great, her husband Peter 3 was killed by a blow on the temple. The Golden snuff-box was used as brass knuckles.