New
Find
Notify
Tools

First pay cheque
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is truly a heart-warming story about the bond formed between a little girl and some construction workers. This makes you want to believe in the goodness of people and that there is hope for the human race.

A young family moved into a house next door to a vacant lot. One day a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot.

The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and started talking with the workers.

She hung around and eventually the construction crew, all of them gems-in-the-rough, more or less... adopted her as a kind of project mascot. They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and

lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.

At the end of the first week, they presented her with a pay envelope containing a dollar. The little girl took this home to her mother who said all the appropriate words of admiration and suggested that they take the dollar she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When they got to the bank, the teller was equally impressed with the story and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check at such a young age. The little girl proudly replied, "I worked all last week with a construction crew building a house."

"My goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?

The little girl replied... "I will if those useless c**ts at the hardware ever bring us the f**king timber."

Posts: 161 | Location: Brisbane Australia | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
animal animal animal

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, thats how it is on a job site. I started working for my uncle 3 years ago(13 years old) and if their was anything I hadn't heard, that first summer I heard it Smiler

Cory

Still saving up for a .500NE double rifle(Searcy of course)

Posts: 189 | Location: Southern Maryland | Registered: 10 October 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yup! The one I remember is that a RCH (Red C--t Hair) is a unit of measurement.

It being an article of faith among carpenters that the red ones are much finer than the more common varieties.

Posts: 4 | Location: East of the Democratic People's Republic of Tucson. | Registered: 21 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
clap

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote