Notify
Tools

covid 19 test
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
proach. BILL

COVID-19 TEST

A new and easy test for Covid-19 is making the rounds--and it's simple, quick and easy.

Take a glass and pour a decent dram of your favorite whiskey, gin or rum into it; then see if you can smell it. If you can, then you are halfway there. Then drink it and, if you can taste it, then it is reasonable to assume you are currently free of the virus.

I tested myself 9 times last night and was virus free every time--thank goodness.

I will have to test myself again today though, as I have developed a headache which can also be one of the symptoms.

There are those who, during this pandemic, say it's better to have more testing and not fewer tests!

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
It is good to have the advice of one so knowledgeable in the arts of science. Big Grin. I have found that gin is perfect as no germ or virus can live in it. Worked for the Brits in "Injah"!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the standard test done today........I like yours MUCH better! I wish you'd posted this earlier!!!!

They stuck that swab so far up my nose I think they got a sample from the back of my brain!!!!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember reading on this forum several years ago about a guy who was going in for his colonoscopy exam + had to drink that solution that requires you to put a seat belt on your commode. He said when he went into the hospital the next morning the Dr. told him that a lot of folks put vodka in their solution. He was pissed because no one told him that until after the fact. Big Grin

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I keep a bottle of (medicinal) Smirnoff in the cabinet just in case this happens to me.