Notify
Tools

Mexican Jews
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Two Jewish men, Sid and Al were sitting in a Mexican restaurant. Sid
asked Al, "Are there any people of our faith born and raised in Mexico?"

Al replied, "I don't know. Let's ask our waiter." When the waiter came by, Al asked him, "Are there any Mexican Jews?"

The waiter said, "I don't know, Señor, I'll go ask the cook." He
returned from the kitchen in a few minutes and said, "No, sir, no
Mexican Jews."

Al wasn't really satisfied with that and asked, "Are you absolutely
sure?"

The waiter, realizing he was dealing with "Gringos," gave the expected answer. "I will check again Señor," and went back to the kitchen.

While the waiter was away, Sid said, "I find it hard to believe that
there are no Jews in Mexico. Our people are scattered everywhere."

The waiter returned and said, "Señor, the head cook says, No Mexican Jews!"

"Are you certain? ", Al asked once again, "I can't believe there are no Mexican Jews!"

"Señor, I ask EVERYONE," replied the exasperated waiter, "We have
Orange Jews, Prune Jews, Tomato Jews and Grape Jews but no one ever hear of Mexican Jews!"

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
There are many Jews in Mexico. Many immigrated there during WWII. I believe Frida Kahlo's father was German Jewish. My wife and I recently visited a large art museum in Cuernavaca that was benefacted by a prominant Mexican Jew.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fla3006,

I posted this under the Humor section of the forum. I was not trying to be disparaging nor making a statement of fact. My brother converted to Orthodox Judism years ago, and is observant. He told me the joke.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a good story....deserves a smile. Thanks.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
In my native Arizona there was a lot of Mexican
Jews among us teen rowdies...we called it Mescal.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Geedubya:
fla3006,

I posted this under the Humor section of the forum. I was not trying to be disparaging nor making a statement of fact.

Yes, I thought it was funny. But I was surprised to learn there are actually a large number of Jewish Mexicans, probably not something many other gringos have considered either. Have a nice day. Smiler

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
There are many Jews in Mexico. Many immigrated there during WWII. I believe Frida Kahlo's father was German Jewish. My wife and I recently visited a large art museum in Cuernavaca that was benefacted by a prominant Mexican Jew.

I know that place! The curator is Jesus Goldberg.

Posts: 5876 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tumbleweed: I know that place! The curator is Jesus Goldberg.

Another zinger! Actually, the museum is called The Centro Cultural Muros and is devoted primarily to the modern and contemporary Mexican art collection assembled by Jacques and Natasha Gelman, and includes murals by Diego Rivera. The Gelmans were Russian Jews who immigrated to Mexico (because they couldn't get visas to the USA) and financed much of the early Mexican film industry.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
To prove I have a sense of humor and did not intend to hijack the thread:

What do you get when you cross a Jew with a Mexican? A chain of empty stores.

Who is the most dangerous man alive? A Jewish Mexican lawyer with a knife.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have transported a Jewish American princess across the Mexican border for immoral purposes.

But most of what I can remember about the hotel room, was me in the bathroom, shitting my brains out.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote