THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Have you a pressure cooker?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you a pressure cooker?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn!

Reminds me of my pressure cooker experience back when I was about 16. We found an old bottom of a pressure cooker in a ditch while a bunch of us kids were roaming around. We had an M80 so we decided to blow the pressure cooker up. We inverted the pressure cooker pot over the M80. Got all the little kids back. Lit the fuse, and bailed-out. It blew, and the pressure cooker lifted off for earth orbit. It went about six stories high in a strong wind, drifted over a four-story house and landed on the other side, damaging nothing, including the pressure cooker. We all hauled-ass for our houses before anyone had time to call the cops.

Posts: 13812 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
shockerWOWSER!! You Have To Make Sure To Check The Relief Valve!!Wonder If Anyone Was Close To The Big Bang.??

Posts: 2027 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At about the same age I boiled condensed milk (this is a popular dish, boiled condensed milk with sugar: sugar, partially caramelized, the result is something like chocolate cream). For this pound cans of milk have a few hours to cook in the pot of water. I quickly decided to run to the library... and lingered. The water boiled away and the cans blew up. Judging by the traces, cans flew across the kitchen, spraying the contents on walls and ceiling. The ceiling in the home was high, and I have a few days then scraped off the plaster, standing on a ladder. The case ended with an extensive renovation.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of an event around here a few years ago. Somebody replaced the electric water heater in a small rural church and neglected to install a pressure relief valve. Yup. It blew and leveled the church. FLAT! Fortunately, no one was there.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remember being home on the farm, and came in from some field work (only 15 years old) . My mother had a large (4 GAL.) pressure cooker full of LIMA beans on the stove ready to jar, she asked me to loosen the press. valve.--so I did but it came off the lid and we had lima beans over the kitchen ceiling. My story and I'm sticking to it.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buying a pressure cooker these days is likely to get you funny looks. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We've used one or two pressure cookers for decades and never a problem. There's always a first time though.
Zeke