THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    How I quit goose hunting...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How I quit goose hunting...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Several years ago my lovely wife suggested I give up goose hunting.

She provided me with an alternate scenario.

I could dress up in my gear, and go sit on a lawn chair in the back yard. Ever fifteen minutes she would come out, and pour hot coffee on both hands.

After three hours she would have me walk the dogs a mile over to the grocery store and buy a goose.

I had a very hard time arguing with her logic at the time...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Rich:

My wife uses similar "logic" about my turkey hunting.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Several years ago my lovely wife suggested I give up goose hunting.

She provided me with an alternate scenario.

I could dress up in my gear, and go sit on a lawn chair in the back yard. Ever fifteen minutes she would come out, and pour hot coffee on both hands.

After three hours she would have me walk the dogs a mile over to the grocery store and buy a goose.

I had a very hard time arguing with her logic at the time...

I guess up there she'd have to cover you with snow, but down here she should just spray you with cold water, when you aren't expecting it, aiming for neck area.

Too bad the dog has to endure it too. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks Gato,

I had forgotten the spray me down with the hose part.

The dogs thought it was fun...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
I Went Turkey Hunting This Year!! Took All Of 15 Minutes To Bag One. The Nice People At Local Harps Grocery Store Even Double Bagged It For Me. beer

Posts: 2037 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
My wife's step-dad tells it like this. He was invited goose hunting down here where they live in winter -- rice fields, etc. "There I was, in the dark and rain, waiting for the sun to come up and things to start happening." "I realized after a n hour or two of this nonsense -- I am wet. I am cold. I have a gun in my hands. I am not in Korea. I do NOT have to do this!!!"

Posts: 4884 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote