New
Find
Notify
Tools

German auxiliary cruiser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
German auxiliary cruiser at the beginning of the 1 st World disguised as merchant ships of the enemy (because she was armed cargo passenger ship). They were the British and the Australian, and even Russian - were selected from naval directory something like, painted, wrote the inscription, the flag was raised. Once they decided to masquerade as the Japanese (they were, if anyone remembers, in that war "on the good side" ). Found in a directory like the silhouette, "Mara", Repainted ... but it is necessary to write in the appropriate places name and port of registry, and characters no one knows. Digging, found a magazine that had a picture of a Japanese street signs. Redrew the characters with the most legible.
When the cruiser stopped the Japanese ship, the crew could not understand why the heirs and descendants of Amaterasu Yamato spirit ride on deck, fighting and publish terrible sobbing sounds. Reassured, the Japanese explained Kaiser sailors that on board their battleship is written "The best whores in Tokyo" and prices for sexual services.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vashper,
I like you, I have never met you and wouldn't know you if you came up and smacked me in the face but I can tell you have a great sense of humor. But...I can't understand half of the sh!t you post. I am sure it is all quite funny but some of it gets lost in translation I'm sure. Maybe that is what makes it more funny. I have to click on your posts just for the sake of seeing what they are. Nevertheless, your posts are always interesting and entertaining. Thanks for the laughs.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understood it. but then, I've been in Tokyo. Smiler

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you must be Russian to fully comprehend and appreciate Russian humor. Us Yanks just don't have the same political and cultural experiences and history. That said, the parts of Russian humor I do understand also help me understand the Russian people. My favorite Russian joke:

"They pretend to pay us and we pretend to work."

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Liam Mark Slattery
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Hunter1:
Vashper,
I like you, I have never met you and wouldn't know you if you came up and smacked me in the face but I can tell you have a great sense of humor. But...I can't understand half of the sh!t you post. I am sure it is all quite funny but some of it gets lost in translation I'm sure. Wink Maybe that is what makes it more funny. I have to click on your posts just for the sake of seeing what they are. Nevertheless, your posts are always interesting and entertaining. Thanks for the laughs.

Same here Wink Smiler

Military Police

Posts: 32 | Location: Rep. of Ireland | Registered: 01 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remember the Emden. Lot of humor in her exploits. Big Grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cocos

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unloaded Japanese ships decades ago. As I recall, everything was the "something" Maru. Joke is funny, but wouldn't the Germans realize that there were no Japaniese whores in attendance? I'm sure I missed something and no offense intended.

Funniest scene I can recall is when we were offloading steel plates and when the flow of plates stopped, I strolled down the dock to see what happened. This was in South Texas and the longshoreman spoke mostly Spanish. The crane operators on the ship spoke only Japanese. There was a hell of row going on between them. I could understand the Spanish, but at the time spoke no Japanese whatsoever. However, I could definitely discern that most of the exchange was profane and unproductive.

Our longshore crew just sat down and drew our pay while the powers at be worked it out.

Posts: 10132 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
no Japaniese whores in attendance

Well, they were. Here you may see old photoes http://edo-tokyo.livejournal.com/728647.html (text in Russian Frowner ). I don't know if Japanese used terms like "whores", but this story is joke, may be Smiler

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
I believe they were referred to as 'comfort women."

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote