THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    The thirty-somethings are at in again...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The thirty-somethings are at in again...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Do these little turds think they are the sole source of knowledge?

Check out www.earthineer.com

The latchkey generation are discovering all the oldtime farming occupations. They think they are the sole purveyors of the knowledge Re: beekeeping, farming with animal power, canning, baking bread, etc. The stuff your grandparents learned from their grandparents, for the past several thousand years. If someone on this URL didn't discover it within the last two years, it did not previously exist. The latest invention: one of them found out you could dunk string in melted beeswax and make candles.

They are like a box full of new puppies who just discovered Mamma has tits. And even more amazing, there's milk in them. They all seem so happy and prideful. I am waiting for one of them to discover that if you cut the long winter woolen coat off of sheep you can make a Pendleton Jacket out of it. And in different colors too.

They seem so intelligent and well educated. And totally lacking in common sense...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very true.

I had one of are young firearms instructors bring in a video of shooting phone books,logs ect.

Thinking he had discovered some thing new.

I just looked at him and said I've been doing that stuff for 40 years. Longer then he has been alive.

Posts: 19575 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think this sort of stuff goes in cycles. I remember in my early adulthood "Mother Earth" and back to nature was the big thing in the "beat" generation. All of the cliff dwellers would avidly read about the romance and efficency of heating your house with wood. 'course they'd never had the joy of chopping that shit nor going out on a cold, snowy night to replinsh the wood box.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet Rick,really sweet. I would'nt want to do it again at this age but I would'nt take for doing it in the first place eons past.

Posts: 4383 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote