THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    How to handle telemarketers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to handle telemarketers
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted
This has been around for awhile but it certainly is a good one.

https://famguardian.org/Subjec...rticles/Tom_Mabe.mp4

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2314 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good one. tu2

Posts: 13809 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
jumping It Is Still Funny And Callers Still Fall For It!!

Posts: 2026 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot of times I answer and say attorneys office or police department how may I help you?
More often than not they hang up. When someone calls about my warranty is up on my car I say well I have 2019 Corvette and the wifey has a 2020 Mercedes. Which one are you talking about? They hang up also, Wink

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin tu2

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Still funny, wish I had the foresight to set that one up. For the life of me, why are they still out there? NO one likes them, do they ever sell anything? I did have one call my shop about 30 years ago wanting to sell me blades, discs, cards, ad nauseum. I told him maybe if he had some duct stretchers for sale I might be interested. He says, Screws you! I told him, no I'm serious we use this tool in the A.C. trade (true). I said let me find my invoice from my last purchase + see if you can be competitive. I kept him on the line for 30 minutes, periodically asking if he were still there + that I was still looking. It did take the bozo 30 minutes to figure it out.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wrote the software for one of Los Angeles' largest telemarketing firms back in 1994. They had all Indians working the phones.

They used to bathe in the sink in the men's room every morning.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And I'll just bet that conditions have improved. Wink

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The one thing we never got used to was the fact that they never flushed their toilet paper down the toilet.

They deposited it in the trash can near the sink.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that's they did it "back home". I used to get so pissed off with my ex when we would be out + the rude Mexican wets would constantly shove + try to move to the front of any line. She would say, well that's how they do it down there. My response was then they should have stayed there!