Find
Notify
Tools

how dry is it in texas
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
it's so dry that the trees are looking for dogs

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of reloaderman
posted Hide Post
I caught a cat fish, and it had ticks !

Shovel ready.....
but hangin' on

Posts: 707 | Location: West Texas,USA | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I hear the way they prepare Enchiladas con Pollo in west Texas is to wet a tortilla, put a couple of slices of cheese and a few peppers on it, then set it on the windowsill.

One of the chickens will spot it, realize it is moist, peck off his hot feathers, and run over and wrap himself in it to cool off.

Getting tangled in the cheese and peppers, he'll tip over. Before he can get back up, the sun has cooked him, dried the tortilla and melted the chese...DINNER'S READY, Y'ALL.... Ven aqui comer. And do it quick, before it crumbles into dust.....

Is that true, or just a Tall Texas Tale?

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually it rained a little in North East Texas today.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jkingrph
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 30 August 2011 09:19 Hide Post
Actually it rained a little in North East Texas today.

Not here!!!

Just caught the weather report. 75 days over 100 degrees in Tyler since June first.

JJK

Posts: 299 | Location: E. Texas, NE Louisiana | Registered: 10 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have had at least that many (probably at least 90 of the 92 days since June 1) over 100 here...many well over 110, and many of the days in May too. It has still been over 90 degrees as an OVERNIGHT LOW for the last couple of weeks here. Supposed to cool off this week, though...day time highs predicted to be in the 107 area, and overnight lows in the high 80s. That's one nice thing abourt the shorter days of October coming up...it is dark long enough we get better night-time lows.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was in Dallas in mid July. Arrived by car about 2:30 and it was 108...then it got hotter! It is so hot the chickens laid hard boiled eggs.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are doing the shake and bake here in Texas,, it isn't funny anymore,, all my landscapping is toast,,, water rationing so can't water,, trees dying lakes so low you can't launch a boat. We have had almost 80 days over a hundred,, but almost 30 over 105!

It is so hot here:

I saw a red ant with a sun burn,,

The fire ants are wearing little booties on their feet,,,

We are feeding chickens cracked ice instead of cracked corn so they will quit laying hard boiled eggs,,

I can't let my "weiner" dog out after 9 am,, he might come back on a bun!

Us Baptists have quit baptizing and are sprinkling,,, the Methodists are using wet wipes, the Lutherans and presbeterians are giving rain checks and the Cathlics are praying to turn the water back to rain!

I told my buddies on the coast they may have to take one for the team,, until I saw the pictures from Virgina

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
July is usually our hottest month, but yesterday (August 31) it was still officially 109 here.

Our AVERAGE temp for August (take all the nightime lows and all the daytime highs, add them together, and divide by two. Then divide by 31- the number of days in August) was 98.5F this August. Today it is supposed to be a high of 107, but if feelings are anything, it was already hotter than that by noon today. And this IS the start of September!