THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Best lawyer story of all time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best lawyer story of all time
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted
The United Way realized that it had never received a donation from the city's most successful lawyer. So a United Way volunteer paid the lawyer a visit in his lavish office.

The volunteer opened the meeting by saying, "Our research shows that even though your annual income is over two million dollars, you don't give a penny to charity. Wouldn't you like to give something back to your community through the United Way?"

The lawyer thinks for a minute and says, "First, did your research also show you that my mother is dying after a long, painful illness and she has huge medical bills that are far beyond her ability to pay?"

Embarrassed, the United Way rep mumbles, "Uh... no, I didn't know that."

"Secondly," says the lawyer, "did it show that my brother, a disabled veteran, is blind and confined to a wheelchair and is unable to support his wife and six children?"

The stricken United Way rep begins to stammer an apology, but is cut off again.

"Thirdly, did your research also show you that my sister's husband died in dreadful car accident, leaving her penniless with a mortgage and three children, one of whom is disabled and another that has learning disabilities requiring an array of private tutors?"

The humiliated United Way rep, completely beaten, says, "I'm so sorry, I had no idea."

And the lawyer says, "So . . . if I didn't give any money to them, what makes you think I'd give any to you?"

Posts: 3874 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oopswasthatyourdog?
posted Hide Post
and he's one of the nice ones!

jumping

I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.
- John Diefenbaker (From the Canadian Bill of Rights, July 1, 1960.)

Posts: 104 | Location: St-Athanase, Quebec, Canada | Registered: 16 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
Another Great One.WoooHooo jumping

Posts: 2026 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jkingrph
posted Hide Post
Just had to e-mail that one to my son, a lawye dancing dancing dancingr! dancing

JJK

Posts: 299 | Location: E. Texas, NE Louisiana | Registered: 10 September 2006Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
The problem with lawyer jokes is that lawyers don't think they're funny....

And no one else thinks they're jokes!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sounds like a personal problem.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
typical lawyer clap

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote