Find
Notify
Tools

Fair Play
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
A Marine stationed in Iraq received this "Dear John" letter from his girlfriend in the USA:

Dear Ricky,
I can no longer continue with our relationship. The distance between us is just too great. I must admit that I have cheated on you twice since you've been gone and it's not fair to either of us. I'm sorry but please return my photograph that I sent to you. Take care, Becky.

Ricky was hurt at first but gathered his composure and asked his fellow Marines for snapshots they could spare of their girlfriends, sisters, ex-girlfriends, aunts, cousins, etc. In addition to Becky's photo, Ricky also returned the pictures of the other pretty gals he had collected from his buddies. There were 27 photos in his envelope along with this note:

Dear Becky,

I'm sorry but I can't remember exactly who you are. Please take your picture from this pile and send the rest back to me. Ricky.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
This was an episode of the television series M*A*S*H* years ago.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12662 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Yep, and Dirk Blocker, Dan Blocker's son played the Marine, in that MASH episode.

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote