New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idiot at the gun range
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 2669 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
It's idiots like that that give us a bad name in the press.A few years ago I was at a gun show + a shot was fired a couple of aisles away.Seems the guy was trying out a holster on his concealed piece with his finger on the trigger. He shot the guy standing next to him in the leg.Fortunately it never made the news,but that was only because the shooter was an Austin cop.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
He got what he deserved!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
And the idiot next to him watched without saying anything.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It never seems to be an "idiot-idiot". It is always some guy that thinks he's the smartest and safest guy in the group.

I took a group hunting pheasant with me in the Texas panhandle one time. We got out of the vehicle in pitch black the first morning and one of the shotguns went off. Seems like the guy had not checked his gun to ensure it was unloaded.

Another time I was invited on a dove hunt outside Odessa, Texas. The hunt was over, we all drove back to Odessa to where some of the cars were parked. People were transferring their shotguns from the hunting vehicles to their personal vehicles and one shotgun went off, shooting the pavement, and ricocheting up and taking out the front window of an office building.

In both cases someone could easily have been killed.

I'm no longer comfortable around people I don't know personally, and have hunted with before. Same goes for shooting ranges or gun shows. Too many idiots that are convinced they could never make a mistake with a firearm. I prefer the people that think they might, and keep checking to ensure they don't.

Knowing that any damn fool (or soccer mom) can go concealed-carry, or open-carry in some cases, makes me uneasy.

Posts: 13873 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow

Posts: 19616 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
As firm a supporter of 2nd Amendment as I am, shit like this makes me wonder if an IQ test wouldn't be a good idea............

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Some folks would call this an accident.

But I can't call this an accident.

This guy pointed a loaded semi-automatic pistol at his own hand and pulled the trigger.

That's just plain stupid.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While working in the military organization were 4 cases with weapons when changing operational duty. However, no one was hurt, because all the necessary treatments (control the descent in the right direction) was observed. All - professionals. And last year, and I after the hunt brought into the room a semi-automatic rifle with a cartridge in the barrel Frowner . The key point therefore is not to point weapons to the people and their parts.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Some folks would call this an accident.

But I can't call this an accident.

This guy pointed a loaded semi-automatic pistol at his own hand and pulled the trigger.

That's just plain stupid.

Absolutely correct! That was no accident!
Zeke

posted Hide Post
Although it is humorous. This is a serious problem when you mix people and firearms (and not mention adding alcohol) REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT ABOVE HAVING YOUR OWN STUPID MOMENT. May it never happen to you.

Posts: 41 | Location: CUCAMONGA CALIFORNIA USA | Registered: 27 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I hope the man on our left wasn't a PAID instructor. Scary.

quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
And the idiot next to him watched without saying anything.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5239 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks like the guy on our left is a professional beer drinker.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can just about top this idiot. I was adjusting the sights on a S&W KitGun on the 25 foot range when a fellow walked up and pulled a Dirty Harry Special Mdl 29 with long barrel.

I pointed to the sign that said "No Magnum Pistols" and he said he was only fire a couple of shots - and stood between two barricades and touched one off using a target stance - one hand and the other in his pocket.

When he pulled the trigger the torque of the recoil drove his hand into the barrier on the left and on the rebound smacked in the nose which spouted blood and continued to the barrier on the other side where it fired on impact and the process was repeated in the direction - including the smack on his face - at this point he dropped the pistol which thankfully did fire.

He wound with a broken nose, a blackeye, a split lip and a gash over his other eye that needed stiches. In addition the range owner sued him for damage to backstop at the range and collected several thousand dollars - and the police took his pistol.

Almost forgot! The dumb SOB hearing protection consisted of a piece in cotton in each ear - the funniest thing was listing to the cops try to interview him - I would guess his ears rang for days.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I love it!
Not nearly as exciting as yours Bill or the other posts. Still bears repeating this one I had posted a couple years ago.
I and a couple friends were at a public auction facing the podium at the back door of the house waiting for a public property auction to start. There were probably 40 or 50 other people outside the house when we heard this "pop" sound. A commotion ensued to our right, maybe 25 feet away. Two ladies hustled a middle-aged man to the right away from the crowd. Turns out some fool had a snub nosed 38 tucked under his belt at the base of his back that slipped out and on to the ground below. Since it was fully loaded including one in the chamber, one round fired up through the lower third of his back just under the skin and exited just below the base of his neck missing his head. There was very little blood since it traveled through mostly fat. Lucky for us the pistol pointed up instead of laterally or on an angle.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5239 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote