Tools

Bofors hovitzer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very close. Center of the humor diamond in fact.

I'm sure the Taliban feel very safe knowing these guys are on watch. The only thing I worry about is that these guys have nuclear weapons.

Posts: 13809 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too bad they don't credit the choreographer.
quote:

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this how they do it on the battle field? Confused

Posts: 388 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
They have stutied at the Ministry of Silly Walks

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I received this when I was living in India.

http://www.wimp.com/indiapakistan/

I enjoy the competition and posturing between the Indians and Pakistanis as long as they aren't killing each other. This video reminds me of the opening of a cock fight instead of the closing of a border.

Posts: 13809 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What the hell is the purpose of all that high stepping? I did 25 years in the military and we would never waste our time with that foolishness. besides any weapon that takes that long to bring into action is worthless in combat.

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
in drill there is some sense. It is discipline. The elder brother told me this story. He is a teacher in serious technical Institute. One student was expelled for academic failure, and then come to institute again after two years and was learning well. He explained it this way: in the army, he was in the division, which was used in the filming of the movie "War and peace". During his service he also studied to perfection French marching step, the old Russian marching step, and of course the Soviet marching step. This was enough to cause the brain in order.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vashper:
in drill there is some sense. It is discipline.

Sorry, but I'm not buying it. This is a gunnery exercise and they should be training for it the same way they would fight. When the shit hits the fan you don't want troops getting confused as to whether it is "drill" or the real deal.

There was a lot of wasted movement and unnecessary theatrics in that clip for a combat unit.

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I expect that this is not a training exercise but rather a demonstration of some sort. Accordingly there is excessive pomp and circumstance as there is on most parade fields. It is supposed to impress the attendees rather than simulate a combat firing mission.

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That makes my day !! dancing

Om the same page there is a video listed -Our Marines firing a 155 in afganistan.Shot fired , chamber is swabed .That is repeated .Each time the swab is withdrawn it falls on the ground [sand].Sand + steel ?? Are they trying to enlarge the chamber ???
Please explain !!

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I agree with "The Dane".Also wonder what that cost the American taxpayer to give to India.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
Looks a lot like the show at the Indian/Pakistani border each night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPpiQTAC__s

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Well I should have read on down before responding.

I'm obviously A day late and a dollar short.

It is a demo team doing a demo, not combat fire.

That method of march provides for some real "Pomp and Circumstance" at the Indian/Pakistan border.

Video is there on youtube someplace.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4240 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Choreographer = Jar Jar Binks.

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fairly accurate for a bunch of twinkle toes. Betcha they would go a bit "off-que" if someone is shooting back.

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Beutler:
Fairly accurate for a bunch of twinkle toes. Betcha they would go a bit "off-que" if someone is shooting back.

You are right. Here is the real situation in the field:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...RJE&feature=youtu.be