New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alaska Float Trip?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My wife and I would like to take an unguided float trip next June or July in Alaska. No particular river in mind at this point. We're looking for an outfitter that provides air transportation and rafts. We can provide the rest of our equipment/food. Requirements are only that we be on our own. No guide or other parties with us. (And good fishing in a remote location, of course) Can anyone suggest a good outfitter? Thanks!

Posts: 131 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 28 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted Hide Post
Check out this link and visit the forums on this site. You should find what you are looking for. One word of caution, you better be comfortable with handling bear situations!!!!!!!!!
http://outdoorsdirectory.com/directory/

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I did a 6 day trip with Rust's flying service out of Anchorage but that was 11 years ago. Take the remote trips not the local one.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12543 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote